PDA

View Full Version : first aid course

shima
30-04-2014, 03:59 PM
hi,

I wanted to book for the first aid course.
but I am not sure who or where to book?

I live in Bradford.

please help.

Crystal Lee
03-05-2014, 06:30 PM
hi,

I wanted to book for the first aid course.
but I am not sure who or where to book?

I live in Bradford.

please help.

hey not sure how helpful i am as ive just starting my training.

but i was looking for first aid and was told has to be 12 hours peadiactic one and must get certificate at the end and should last 3 years.

i look at some online and they ranged from £80 - £189 and was 2 days long normally 2 saturdays 6 hours each at 29 weeks preg (then) i couldnt managed that. but one day visiting surestart for midwife and i saw a sign advertising first aid so i spoke to the women there and they was able to tell me its for anyone and can be for people who want to work with children -
its over 6 weeks 2 hours in an afternoon and only cost £30 so Im doing that now also they started a food safety course that 3 weeks long and only £15 so i started that too thinking it look good to show extra qualifactions to parents.

hectors house
04-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Have you got a local Development Officer, may be worth asking if there is a course for childminders being put on soon. Or you could check your local colleges prospectus, ask other childminders who they do their training with, look up St John's Ambulance and Red Cross Courses.

joannes
06-05-2014, 06:55 PM
You should have a local authority quality improvement officer who's job it is to help you through the registration process and they will know the cheapest places to go. I got messed around by my surestart centre who told me there was a paediatric first aid course running the next month, then didn't get back to me, I kept chasing, then was told it was cancelled due to low demand, then they called me back and booked me on, then told me it was only the 6 hour course :-/ So I then looked at St John's ambulance and they were charging £135 here. My LA QI officer then told me about a local company that charge £55 so I went with that and it was a really good course. Wouldn't have found it looking around myself coz it didn't come up on any of my google searches.