PDA

View Full Version : How long for 'normal' poo??

EmmaReed84
30-04-2014, 01:53 PM
Gross I know but just wondering how long it typically takes for a child to be back to their regular self after a sickness bug?

I have a minded child who was sick last Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, he was off Wednesday and Thursday and I don't usually have him Friday. He came back on Monday and was so moany he did poo all day - Which is not unusal for him. But today he has gone twice and it very loose (not runny - but very loose and very very smelly) usually this child is rock hard and it's normally like pebbles, he generally goes once a day. Is this the tail end of the sickness? Or could it be coming back?

sheilarobb
30-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Hi Emma,

From what I can make out this child has had a tummy virus and by the sounds of it hasn't cleared up yet. He sounds like he has stomach pains which means there is a lot of wind so is painful when passing any bowel movements. His parent /carer really should be taking him to see his Doctor to get this checked out.

Thanks

Sheila

hectors house
30-04-2014, 04:26 PM
Maybe if he has been off his food parents have been giving him different food / treats which may be affecting his tummy. Suggest to the parents that they give him something like scrambled egg or boiled egg as that is good for "firming" things up!

mama2three
30-04-2014, 04:42 PM
My own kids regularly became temporarily lactose intolerant following a tummy bug - their digestive systems just couldn't cope with milk for a couple of weeks . Apparently its not unusual. Maybe something similar?

samb
30-04-2014, 05:46 PM
My own kids regularly became temporarily lactose intolerant following a tummy bug - their digestive systems just couldn't cope with milk for a couple of weeks . Apparently its not unusual. Maybe something similar?

My ds is the same. I have to avoid all dairy for a few days after and then he's fine.