PDA

View Full Version : advice needed

Elkie Mawdsley
30-04-2014, 12:52 PM
Hello everyone

I've had an enquiry from a friend who is looking for before and after school care for her two older children, and care for her baby - who will be 9 months old when the care starts. The problem is, my own son will not turn 1 until the week after the care will start. It seems such a shame to have to turn her away for just a few days.

Is it allowed for me to care for the baby for free for the first week - thus not receiving financial reward?

shortstuff
30-04-2014, 01:00 PM
Can the mum make alternative arrangements for that week? Ive just done the same with 1 of mine. The new lo can only attend after another 1's 1st birthday.

Elkie Mawdsley
30-04-2014, 02:05 PM
She us going to see if she can start gack a week later or get her oh to take hol.

Thanks for the advice - I love this forum.

Bumble Beez
30-04-2014, 07:27 PM
I would second short stuffs reply...if it is only a week then maybe family could rally round and make other arrangements.
Hope it works out so you can take the family on x

Sarah x

yummyripples
01-05-2014, 10:19 PM
Would it just be your baby and her baby? If so then can you do a risk assessment and grant your own variation

alwaysright
01-05-2014, 11:11 PM
i thought if it was your own baby under one year you can have another baby under one?

Koala
02-05-2014, 04:01 AM
i thought if it was your own baby under one year you can have another baby under one?

I thought (may be wrong) the scenario is if you already had a minded baby under one (somebody elses) and then you had a baby (your own) this is ok for 2 under one - continuity of care.

It's so tough that we are worrying about being over numbers (age wise) for the sake of one week when we all know - it make NO difference to the care at all (I know theres insurance and all that red tape blah de blah de blah) but where did all the common sense and practical capability go? sorry - moan, moan, moan.

LauraS
02-05-2014, 08:17 AM
I thought (may be wrong) the scenario is if you already had a minded baby under one (somebody elses) and then you had a baby (your own) this is ok for 2 under one - continuity of care. It's so tough that we are worrying about being over numbers (age wise) for the sake of one week when we all know - it make NO difference to the care at all (I know theres insurance and all that red tape blah de blah de blah) but where did all the common sense and practical capability go? sorry - moan, moan, moan.

I agree to some extent BUT we see so many posts here and on Facebook from cms bending the rules, thinking of ways to shoehorn another child in whilst paying lip service to the rules. We moan about parents being given an inch and taking a mile but some of us are the same in that respect. If we were given more leeway for discretion the majority of us would use it wisely, but some wouldn't.

Koala
02-05-2014, 08:22 AM
I agree to some extent BUT we see so many posts here and on Facebook from cms bending the rules, thinking of ways to shoehorn another child in whilst paying lip service to the rules. We moan about parents being given an inch and taking a mile but some of us are the same in that respect. If we were given more leeway for discretion the majority of us would use it wisely, but some wouldn't.

Yes i agree, but those that wouldn't use it wisely would probably do it anyway.