PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out..

mummytotwo
29-04-2014, 08:31 PM
Hi

I'm new to posting on here but have been reading your posts for a while now & found them so helpful!

As the title says I'm freaking out at the moment, I've done absolutely everything for my application & now that all the DBS checks are back I'm just waiting for the phone call to book pre-reg visit. But I'm panicking that I don't know enough as I did the course last Sept!
I've read through everything again & all of my paperwork is in order but my nerves are terrible! I get the shakes and my memory completely goes :(.

I'm just wondering how much your expected to know for the initial visit. I've gone through the Ofsted prep booklet and I felt under-prepared....but it was late and I was tired. I just so desperately need to get registered now!

Thanks x

sing-low
29-04-2014, 08:57 PM
Please don't worry about it! Assuming that you are actually 'mummy to two', you probably know most of the developmental stuff because you have your own children. Plus at the pre-reg visit, the inspectors aren't trying to catch you out. They want to register you. You can look at the booklet when they ask questions and say if you don't understand what they're asking. It's also ok to tell them you're nervous. Most people are when faced with an Ofsted inspector but they're human too!:group hug:

shortstuff
29-04-2014, 10:25 PM
You can see it as a fact finding mission too. Ask mrs o questions about what she would advise. This can be about anything cm related. Pre reg is a really good thing to happen. Honest.