PDA

View Full Version : overkill???

kindredspirits
24-07-2008, 09:12 PM
i had a thought earlier on that i should put together a little folder with my p&ps and a little bit about me, a mini portfolio etc, as well as a bit about signing contracts/deposit etc and put it through the door of the lady who came to see me earlier in the week. she definately wants to start with me, but when i mentioned we needed to do contracts/paperwork etc she sort of said, 'oh i didn't realise there was paperwork to do i've never had a cm before'. and to be honest, i'm a bit nervous on the phone and embarrassed to go into come and sign a contract or you're place isn't safe. (should also add she told me she had just been made redundant but would be getting another job and would need me for sept. - what if she just decides not to use me and i've turned ppl away?!)

what do you think?

Pauline
24-07-2008, 09:19 PM
I wouldn't turn anyone away until she has signed a contract and left a deposit if I were you.

Why would she think your place isn't safe? Perhaps she is just making excuses and didn't like to say so?

kindredspirits
24-07-2008, 09:22 PM
sorry i meant her childs place isn't secured until she signs contracts - not my place isn't safe!!! :D

sarah707
25-07-2008, 06:43 AM
Some people do make the strangest excuses, when what they really mean is...

'Well sorry I've wasted your time but now I've had a good nosey round your house, I'm going to ask my mum after all, but the biscuits were good and you've filled an otherwise boring afternoon, thank you.'

But equally you need to go with your instincts and if you think she was positive then dropping off a little something to remind her you're still here won't hurt - maybe a business card and a little note saying it was a pleasure to meet her, you forgot to give her your card and she's to ring you when she knows what she's doing.

Just a thought... if it's the contracts etc she's worrying about, maybe she struggles to read...

Good luck! :D