PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone got a Tesco's Hudl?

hectors house
29-04-2014, 12:17 PM
I am seriously considering doing my learning journals on Tapestry - one of the local Nurseries came and did demo to our childminding network and lots of the Nurseries in my town are signing up to it too - hopefully it would make "Partnership working" issues a thing of the past! My LA currently subscribes to the Early Years Forum so Tapestry would only cost £36 a year - I spend far more than this on computer paper, let alone ink cartridges.

My problem is I currently use a digital camera to take all my photos both at home and out on trips but am rubbish at downloading them to computer to use in my current typed up learning journals - so I have to get my husband to do this for me. My husband has an i-pad which he has said I can use for observations but its too big and heavy to carry around away from home I have a basic mobile it does have a camera but poor quality so I don't ever use it for photos.

I have 2 options available and a very limited budget!
a) buy a Tesco's Hudl for just over £100 which is like a mini i-pad but much cheaper or
b) buy a smart phone and download the app for Tapestry or download photos onto home computer.

Just wondered if anyone has got a Hudl and what the photo quality is like?, the reviews for photo & video quality weren't very good, although the photo they used as an example looked clear enough to me - far clearer than the photos I print out with my ancient printer.

wee_elf
29-04-2014, 12:52 PM
I have used my parents one before and the quality of pics seemed pretty good, as you say it was better than using a older camera and printer that they had :)

hectors house
29-04-2014, 01:14 PM
doing some research now that little ones are having a nap - found this one on Amazon - has anyone got this?

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7inch Tablet - White (8GB, WiFi, Android 4.0) - reviews seem good, plus was nearly £200 now half price, so cheaper than Hudl

I need something that is really easy to use as I am a complete Technophobe - my husband laughs at me when I'm trying to use his i-pad as I am hitting the keyboard as though it's a manual typewriter and I can't find any letters as a secretary in former life and only my fingers know where the keys are when touch typing!:D

clareelizabeth1
29-04-2014, 01:21 PM
I have one and it's so slow compared to my I phone the samsung just sits in my draw.

hectors house
29-04-2014, 01:26 PM
I have one and it's so slow compared to my I phone the samsung just sits in my draw.

Thank you, I'm not know for my patience when technology runs slow, so worth knowing.

loocyloo
29-04-2014, 01:30 PM
I've got a Samsung tab 3 and its great. the camera is good and I find it really easy to use ( and I am NOT computer minded AT ALL! )

occasionally its slow, but then so is the laptop and DHs ipad/iphone ... we just put it down to the internet connection in our area!

hectors house
29-04-2014, 08:13 PM
Made big mistake, thought I would google for a smart phone with the best camera - it came up with Nokia Lumia 1020 - I read the reviews and really want one but can't afford the £300 + price tag.

Note to self - in future set a price when searching and don't read reviews and specs for something you can't have!