PDA

View Full Version : Any exception on numbers? Help!

pinkzed
29-04-2014, 11:38 AM
Hi everyone,

I am just waiting for me and my husbands DBS to come back so I can apply to ofsted but I just have a question about numbers. I have 3 children of my own aged 6, 4 (starts school in sept) and 23 months. Someone at toddler group gas asked if I could take her children from June 2 days a week. The thing us can I take them both? They are aged 1 and 3. I know the maximum number I can have is 6 but it would be great if I could take them because I know her and she is local.

Thank you

Zoe.

mama2three
29-04-2014, 12:08 PM
Not in June unfortunately , but once your own four year old is at school full time you will then count them in your over fives , leaving you with 2 early years places. Until then you only have 1 space for an early years child.
As a simple rule of thumb you can have a total of 6 children , of which up to 3 can be early years ( ie not yet at full time school)
Your own children always count in those numbers whether or not they are 'present'.

pinkzed
29-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Hi, thanks for the reply. I was just wondering if they made any exceptions for the fact that they are siblings? Or if I had an assistant?

Chatterbox Childcare
29-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Yes if you had an assistant if you have the space to increase your numbers in line with the EYFS.