PDA

View Full Version : Preschooler in nursery taking over numbers

singlewiththree
24-07-2008, 09:01 PM
I am thinking ahead and wanted to pass something by you. My children are 7,3 and 2. The 3 year old currently goes to preschool 9-4pm mon/tue/wed I'm planning on keeping her there when I am childminding so I will only have my 2 year old with me. Now, ofsted says I can only take on one under 5 because of my middle child being at nursery. I was wondering how successful people have been at getting Ofsted to agree to 4 under 5yrs on the condition that my daughter goes to nursery? seeing as I'm not even registered yet.

Rubybubbles
24-07-2008, 09:05 PM
pre-school 9am-4pm really!! do you pay for that then? I was only getting 2 1/2 hours for mine!

You can only get it for 4 yr old attending 10 sessions a week as in 9-3 so not sure on the fact your dd is 3 if you see what I mean!

sorry no help am I!!! as only going through pre-reg I would of said no, though:o

Pauline
24-07-2008, 09:13 PM
I doubt that they would but you could ask.

She still counts in your numbers because you are responsible for her and there might be times when nursery was shut for some reason and then she would be at home.

:)

sarah707
24-07-2008, 09:20 PM
they only tend to allow variations for continuity of care... but like Pauline says, it's always worth asking ...

Good luck! :D

singlewiththree
24-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks, not looking good then. I will ask them when I get that far. I was hoping to have 2 children for 2-3 days but I need to keep the cost down as still want to get my open uni degree for free.

I pay at the moment as she isnt getting her "free" sessions until Sept. I am working 3 days a week so she attends there rather than a private nursery, its a private playgroup and preschool so I pay for 6 sessions and then lunches but I get tax credits so get help with paying for it otherwise the childcare costs more than I earn as I'm on minimum wage!. From Sept she will get 5 sessions "free", so I will have to pay for 1 session, lunches and the extra weeks that the grant doesnt cover. Hoping to still be able to get tax credits to help as afterall I am still working.

singlewiththree
24-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Sarah - I cant private message you for some reason. If you dont mind me asking are you able to get your open university degree for free still as you childmind part time?

sarah707
25-07-2008, 06:34 AM
Sarah - I cant private message you for some reason. If you dont mind me asking are you able to get your open university degree for free still as you childmind part time?

Yes I am funded - it depends on how much funding your local area has.

I've done both nvq3 and this one with funding.

Not sure why you can't message me... maybe gremlins in the system. If it carries on I was going to suggest you pm Pauline, but if you can't send Pms maybe not the best idea :rolleyes:

Splish Splosh
25-07-2008, 07:42 AM
I was given a variation to have 3 full timers under 5 plus my own ds,who is three so most of the time now lo has finished nursery I have the 4 of them. It is worth asking, I was told that requesting to have 4 under 5 was unusual but they granted it.

Tily Bud
25-07-2008, 07:56 AM
My children are older but i have had a variation for 4 under fives a couple of times over the last few years x they were for siblings or continuity of care though xx