PDA

View Full Version : Parent not able to pay

alex__17
28-04-2014, 12:24 PM
After some advice, I have siblings age 2 and 4 for one day a week.

Mum broke her ankle a couple of weeks ago but still sending kids to me. She's been unreliable since day 1 with paying, I ask for fees in advance, usually monthly, dropped to weekly to help her out and I have to send reminders every week and she eventually pays the night before when I say I can't have kids until I have fees. She gets tax credits to help pay fees but not sure how that all works.

Anyway today she's texted saying she'll be off work until at least June, not getting paid, and doesn't know what to do with regards paying me next month.

What do I say? I can't afford to not be paid, but then again if she's not got the money what can she do? Would she still get tax credits if she's off sick? I don't want to work for free as these kids are really hard work and disruptive.

Has anyone been in this position? I don't know what to suggest, she's contracted to pay, but sounds like she doesn't want to. I haven't responded yet, thought I'd see if anyone has any ideas first! I'm off for 2 weeks in May anyway which I'll remind her of... If anyone knows if she'll get tax credits still I guess I could offer to do a shorter day depending on what the tax credits cover?

clareelizabeth1
28-04-2014, 12:39 PM
From what you say it sounds like your being taken for a ride. If I were you I would get rid of them and look for better clients. The chances are she will still get tax credits and get full pay from work too as she will prob not tell tax credits that she can't work.

Also wanted to say well done for saying you would refuse care if she didn't pay.

alex__17
28-04-2014, 12:44 PM
Well this is what I was thinking, she said last month she couldn't pay monthly because she gets paid weekly, so I said ok weekly is fine but still needs to be in advance, she works in a prison so unless she's temp staff she'll surely get sick pay?! And like you say she'll be getting tax credits still...
It just annoys me as I turned someone else away, she's wanting me to say don't worry I'll take them but I can't afford to not be paid, I still have mortgage to pay too like she still has rent to pay...

QualityCare
28-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Tax credits for childcare costs don't stop unless mum tells them she no longer needs them so she is spending them on herself if she is not paying you, they are paid monthly and depending on her income will cover most of her childcare, l would ask her how much tax credit for childcare she gets and work out how many hours care you will provide and tell her that you will have to inform the inland revenue that the children are no longer with you if she doesn't bring them as if you take on another child who is claiming they will know you are minding over your numbers and you will get into trouble (they don't of course , but parent won't know this) l have said this before when a child left after renewing her credits.

AliceK
28-04-2014, 12:51 PM
She will still be getting tax credits I would bet. I would probably tell her Don't worry I'll call tax credits and find out if they will still pay. (I know you can't). That should put the wind up her. Either that or write her a letter of termination based on her message to you that she is unable to pay for her childcare . I can't be bothered with parents who mess me about with money. I can't afford it and don't need the stress of it. She sounds more trouble than she's worth.

xxx

Ripeberry
28-04-2014, 01:00 PM
Very simple. Refuse to have the kids. She is not working. You are not putting her out in anyway. She thought she had you hook line and sinker. You are not a fool. Hope you find someone else to replace them.

alex__17
28-04-2014, 01:05 PM
Well I've just texted saying since I'm off 2 weeks of May she'd only need to find money for 2 weeks, would tax credits not cover it? She's responded saying no they won't pay a not technically workings...
Honestly I doubt she's informed them, I dont really know what she expects me to say?!
I like the idea of saying I'll try and contact them on her behalf, maybe I'll say that, at the end of the day I'm not working for free, I sympathise but what if her ankle doesn't heal and she can't go back in June? I can't keep hanging on until then with no pay :-(

Ripeberry
28-04-2014, 01:09 PM
Never work for free! It's not worth it and honestly why does she need to send them to you? Does she not understand that you are a business? I wonder if she'll try that trick at Tesco? 'Err sorry, can't pay you, but I still want my shopping!' That's theft! Why should we be any different? :mad:

kellib
28-04-2014, 01:12 PM
I'd say that's a shame, I'll take this as immediate notice (no point in saying 4 weeks if she won't pay!) and tell her she can see if you have space when she does go back to work, which of course you won't have ;)

Kiddleywinks
28-04-2014, 01:25 PM
Tax credits definitely pay weekly, don't think they do monthly as any changes have to be reported immediately (not that they always are :rolleyes:) and any increase/decrease is made on the next payment

Parents (should) pay their childcare provider 100% of fees due, if parent is entitled to claim, they get reimbursed by the government, upto 70% of their childcare costs depending on their earnings.

Tax credits are not your concern, it's the parents. If TC's don't pay parents, or they are no longer eligible for TC's, parent still has to pay you!

I would call mum's bluff, explain that it will probably be best all round for the contract to be terminated, as you cannot hold a space that's not being paid for.
That you will inform TC's your contract has been terminated, and so should she, as she will have to pay any overpayments back (HMRC state that changes of a value of more than £10 to childcare costs they must be informed)

So she either continues to send and pay for space or terminate.

Edited to add
If you think someone is claiming using your reg number and shouldn't be, you can contact the National Fraud Benefit Hotline on : 0800 854440

tess1981
28-04-2014, 01:28 PM
Not your problem if tax credits don't pay she is continuing to send them to you she needs to make sure she has the money. Firstly I would say all fees need to be up to date and then give her notice you are not a charity you are a business

tess1981
28-04-2014, 01:29 PM
Tax credits definitely pay weekly, don't think they do monthly as any changes have to be reported immediately (not that they always are :rolleyes:) and any increase/decrease is made on the next payment

Parents (should) pay their childcare provider 100% of fees due, if parent is entitled to claim, they get reimbursed by the government, upto 70% of their childcare costs depending on their earnings.

Tax credits are not your concern, it's the parents. If TC's don't pay parents, or they are no longer eligible for TC's, parent still has to pay you!

I would call mum's bluff, explain that it will probably be best all round for the contract to be terminated, as you cannot hold a space that's not being paid for.
That you will inform TC's your contract has been terminated, and so should she, as she will have to pay any overpayments back (HMRC state that changes of a value of more than £10 to childcare costs they must be informed)

So she either continues to send and pay for space or terminate.

I get my tax credits weekly so they definitely do

Mouse
28-04-2014, 02:35 PM
I would cut your losses now.

Work out how much mum owes you and terminate the contract. Give 4 weeks notice if that's what's in your contract, but tell her it's strictly money up front - no money by the day you specify, no childcare. Or give her the option of paying the balance she owes now & leaving immediately.

Then get advertising the space straight away :thumbsup:

alex__17
28-04-2014, 06:37 PM
Thanks, the more I think about it the more I'm thinking I'll give her the option of either continuing to pay or terminating the contract immediately. She's paid and owes me nothing, shes paid for tomorrow, I do have 4 weeks notice period on my contact but I can't see she's going to pay it, and I'd rather terminate, get rid quick and fill the space ASAP.
I might say under the circumstances to help her out I'll waive the 4 weeks full pay notice, as I cant afford to potentially hold the space open with no payment, and if when she returns back to work I still have a space I'll have them back, but to be honest most likely wont because they're such hard work!
I'm still feeling guilty though about it, even though I'm the one losing a big chunk of money! Wish she was like all my other lovely parents where I don't have this hassle!

Mouse
28-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Thanks, the more I think about it the more I'm thinking I'll give her the option of either continuing to pay or terminating the contract immediately. She's paid and owes me nothing, shes paid for tomorrow, I do have 4 weeks notice period on my contact but I can't see she's going to pay it, and I'd rather terminate, get rid quick and fill the space ASAP.
I might say under the circumstances to help her out I'll waive the 4 weeks full pay notice, as I cant afford to potentially hold the space open with no payment, and if when she returns back to work I still have a space I'll have them back, but to be honest most likely wont because they're such hard work!
I'm still feeling guilty though about it, even though I'm the one losing a big chunk of money! Wish she was like all my other lovely parents where I don't have this hassle!

That's when you need to put your business head on & ignore your heart!

I think that's a good plan. Give her the option of immediate notice, maybe even a pay & go arrangement until you fill the space (if you want to), with the option of her contacting you when she's back at work to see if you've still got the space available...though sadly it will probably have gone by then ;)

alex__17
28-04-2014, 07:14 PM
That's exactly what I've done, just messaged her saying under the circumstances as a goodwill gesture I'll terminate the contract immediately and waive my usual 4 week full fee notice period, and if when she returns to work I still have space I'll happily take them, but that i hope she understands i cant afford to hold a space or work wirhout being paid. It's a weight off to be honest, although I'm now dreading she will 'find' the money from somewhere and I'll have to still take them! I hope she goes for it and I can advertise the space, drafting official letter to give her tomorrow to end contract if she says yes to it, fingers crossed

tigwig
28-04-2014, 08:06 PM
Good for you! Don't listen to any further excuses she tells you. Tax credits are defo paid weekly and you do get them if you're off sick. One of my parents was off for weeks and tax credits actually phoned me to confirm information and I told them mum was off sick but the child was still attending. She still continued to get paid them.
This woman is clearly taking you for a ride (or trying to lol). If it were me I wouldn't give the option of them coming back but would terminate permanently! Something else will come up :)

Snowwhite
28-04-2014, 08:33 PM
Haven't tax credits changed to something called Universal something or other!? Emerged with other things and payment is now monthly only. Correct me if i am wrong. I may have just got confused!

alex__17
28-04-2014, 09:04 PM
A quick google and hmrc website says not only will she get stat sick pay, she'll also continue to get full tax credits for up to 28 weeks and would do so for 4 weeks even if she left the job!
Think she was trying it on...hope she agrees to terminate contract, not had a response, guess I'll have to give 4 weeks notice if she suddenly decides she'll pay me, would make life much easier if she just said fine lets end

Kiddleywinks
29-04-2014, 07:43 AM
Well done, hope you get the desired outcome, but, if not, make sure payment is made BEFORE care starts, that way you are at least being paid for doing your job.

tess1981
29-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Amy response back yet

smurfette
29-04-2014, 11:29 AM
Keeping fingers crossed it goes your way xx

alex__17
29-04-2014, 12:45 PM
No response, but she dropped kids off so said it all to her then again, explained I'm really sorry but I can't afford not to work and get paid and hope she understood and happy to waive 4 weeks notice as not fair on her, she agreed and we both kept it friendly, glad she dropped them off for a change and could talk to her in person as its ended things nicely, said to contact me when she needs childcare again and if I have space I'd happily have them back but can't hold space open, and she understood that, I'm so relieved, now to get advertising and fill the spaces quick! Feel like a weight has been lifted, they were so stressful and having them today has meant I have no regrets, they've been awful behaviour and 2 year old has sworn at me! Feel sorry for the kids but I can't do it, she's just whacked my son in front of me, 3 more hours to go...

smurfette
29-04-2014, 12:52 PM
No response, but she dropped kids off so said it all to her then again, explained I'm really sorry but I can't afford not to work and get paid and hope she understood and happy to waive 4 weeks notice as not fair on her, she agreed and we both kept it friendly, glad she dropped them off for a change and could talk to her in person as its ended things nicely, said to contact me when she needs childcare again and if I have space I'd happily have them back but can't hold space open, and she understood that, I'm so relieved, now to get advertising and fill the spaces quick! Feel like a weight has been lifted, they were so stressful and having them today has meant I have no regrets, they've been awful behaviour and 2 year old has sworn at me! Feel sorry for the kids but I can't do it, she's just whacked my son in front of me, 3 more hours to go...
Glad It has worked out! Hope u fill spaces very soon xx

Kiddleywinks
29-04-2014, 01:40 PM
Don't forget to make termination official - Due to parents change in circumstances happy to accept immediate notice from xx date, will waive notice period as goodwill gesture, outstanding fees to be paid by xx date, don't forget to inform HMRC tax credits that you no longer need the child care element from xx date, enjoyed children, wish well etc
Signed by you, preferably parent too, put in childs file and handover LJ's etc

alex__17
29-04-2014, 03:08 PM
Oh god she's just collected them, had letter all ready and she's asked did I get in contact with other parent I had mentioned needed care, I thought she was making conversation so said no not yet, and she said actually she can afford it and will keep them on! I felt like crying, what can I do, if anything, now?
I honestly don't think I can take them any longer, I dread the day with them, there's an awkward preschool collection that makes me late for school pickups, can I do anything?

caz3007
29-04-2014, 03:11 PM
If you are really dreading them coming and it's difficult, then give notice. She has messed you around and tried it on, so get rid

jackie 7
29-04-2014, 03:29 PM
Phone her and say that you are forth but you can't look after the children any more. Say say parents came back and wanted the hours. You were a bit surprised that she wanted you and parents had contacted you. Or say that you had emailed parents had emails you confirming place. Don't take them back. A 2 yr old swearing in not nice.

Mouse
29-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Oh no, just when things were looking up.

I would phone her and say that since she first spoke you you and said she was struggling to pay, you have given a lot of thought about how you could best help her. Your offer of immediate notice was initially to help her out, but now, having thought about it, you realise that it is actually going to be better for you, so you're sorry, but the notice stands.

It's going to be tough, but think of the relief after it's done :thumbsup:

Emra81
29-04-2014, 04:38 PM
To be perfectly honest I'd tell her the notice stands coz I'd be peed off that she wanted you to work for free and then miraculously can afford it when you tell her you can't! I may be getting cynical in my old age but I doubt her sudden ability to pay is a coincidence......

Ripeberry
29-04-2014, 04:49 PM
Tell her that you've been contacted and have given away their spaces. I can't see what she can complain about. She is not working. You are not putting her out. She is probably lying about being able to pay you. Just terminate on the basis of ' Due to a change of circumstances' You don't have to explain yourself to anyone.

alex__17
29-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Thank you all so much, I actually burst into tears when my last after schooler had been collected and that on its own makes me realise I have to end things.
My question now, she agreed to immediate end to contract with no paid notice, but contract states 4 weeks, I guess I need to offer her that option... wine is in the fridge, once my own boy is in bed I'll be having a glass before sitting down to write thw notice letter, might run it past you on this thread, advice has been so helpful, I really really dont like this part of the job, had a bad feeling when I met this family but she wanted to sign contract there and then and felt pressured to agreeing, was expecting her to want to go home and think about it giving me a chance to say sorry I've filled the day...
Thanks again for the advice and support

Koala
29-04-2014, 05:33 PM
OMG - I bet it felt like Christmas had been cancelled :panic: :panic: :panic: just tell her you have made alternative arrangements and will no longer provide care. . It doesn't have to be childminding, you could have arranged training classes, booked on a course - on line which means you need to reduce your workload.

:D Just tell her you have developed an allergy to people who try and rip you off and their monster kids :D And therefor you have to give notice due to medical reasons. :D WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT

She's tried to screw you over saying she can't pay and then can !!!!!! Liar, liar pants on fire, you'll be on tender hooks every week wondering if she is going to pull the 'can't pay' trick. :panic:

Koala
29-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Thank you all so much, I actually burst into tears when my last after schooler had been collected and that on its own makes me realise I have to end things.
My question now, she agreed to immediate end to contract with no paid notice, but contract states 4 weeks, I guess I need to offer her that option... wine is in the fridge, once my own boy is in bed I'll be having a glass before sitting down to write thw notice letter, might run it past you on this thread, advice has been so helpful, I really really dont like this part of the job, had a bad feeling when I met this family but she wanted to sign contract there and then and felt pressured to agreeing, was expecting her to want to go home and think about it giving me a chance to say sorry I've filled the day...
Thanks again for the advice and support

If you do I'd put a proviso that payment has to be made on specified day (full amount IN ADVANCE) otherwise care will cease with immediate effect. I wouldn't trust this one :panic: :panic: :panic:

tess1981
29-04-2014, 06:30 PM
What about a little honesty... something she didn't have. Explain how you didn't like being lied to ie she said she can't afford to pay you but then said she actual can. Tell her you had a serious think about this and you feel you can't work in partnership with her as trust has gone you are offering the space to someone else .

alex__17
29-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Ok well here's my letter... Any opinions welcome, all honest apart from space being filled, although I am able to change another day around now (that I'd originally moved to accommodate her) so get my day off back! so the space has kind of been filled! Not sent as I'm dreading sending, once it's sent it can't be changed!

Dear xxxx,

Further to our brief chat when you collected today, I was a bit surprised that you had changed your mind about being able to afford things and wanted to keep the place.

While offering immediate contract termination was to help you out as money was tight while you are off work, on giving it a lot of thought yesterday and today, I've decided it will actually also be better for me to end the contract. I have been really struggling with the preschool run, getting home from our morning outing in time to cook and have lunch, then get everyone back into the car. I am also late every week for the existing school collection I had, as due to limited car seats I have to drive home, get everyone into the buggy then run to the school with all of them! It's not fair on the children all the driving and rushing about and being late to collect, and completely exhausting.

Also, on checking my emails this afternoon when everyone had been collected, an existing enquiry I'd followed up last night had accepted my offer of a place, so I'm afraid the contract termination still stands as the places have now been filled.

Please let me know if you would still like me to waive the 4 weeks full fees contract termination period as we discussed, and I will put it in writing. I would be more than happy to ask childminders I know locally if they have vacancies coming up around June time, but I obviously will not pass on your details unless you have given me permission to.

I'm very sorry to end the contract and the decision hasn't been taken lightly, but I have to do what is best for me and my family.

Kind regards, Alex

shortstuff
29-04-2014, 07:31 PM
Ok well here's my letter... Any opinions welcome, all honest apart from space being filled, although I am able to change another day around now (that I'd originally moved to accommodate her) so get my day off back! so the space has kind of been filled! Not sent as I'm dreading sending, once it's sent it can't be changed!

Dear xxxx,

Further to our brief chat when you collected today, I was a bit surprised that you had changed your mind about being able to afford things and wanted to keep the place.

While offering immediate contract termination was to help you out as money was tight while you are off work, on giving it a lot of thought yesterday and today, I've decided it will actually also be better for me to end the contract. I have been really struggling with the preschool run, getting home from our morning outing in time to cook and have lunch, then get everyone back into the car. I am also late every week for the existing school collection I had, as due to limited car seats I have to drive home, get everyone into the buggy then run to the school with all of them! It's not fair on the children all the driving and rushing about and being late to collect, and completely exhausting.

Also, on checking my emails this afternoon when everyone had been collected, an existing enquiry I'd followed up last night had accepted my offer of a place, so I'm afraid the contract termination still stands as the places have now been filled.

Please let me know if you would still like me to waive the 4 weeks full fees contract termination period as we discussed, and I will put it in writing. I would be more than happy to ask childminders I know locally if they have vacancies coming up around June time, but I obviously will not pass on your details unless you have given me permission to.

I'm very sorry to end the contract and the decision hasn't been taken lightly, but I have to do what is best for me and my family.

Kind regards, Alex

To be fair to you I dont think I would put any where near as much information into your letter. I think i would be enough to say that on checking your emails after your final child was collected to night the family you had offered the place to last night had already accepted. With that in mind you will still be terminating with immediate effect. I would also add that you are happy to give names of other cm's in the area who might have spaces when the time arises but I wouldnt offer any further help than that. I would also never use phrases like im afraid. It is about feelings and in a business style letter like this there is no room for feelings. I will draft up my suggestion in a moment and post it see if you like it.

tess1981
29-04-2014, 07:35 PM
To be fair to you I dont think I would put any where near as much information into your letter. I think i would be enough to say that on checking your emails after your final child was collected to night the family you had offered the place to last night had already accepted. With that in mind you will still be terminating with immediate effect. I would also add that you are happy to give names of other cm's in the area who might have spaces when the time arises but I wouldnt offer any further help than that. I would also never use phrases like im afraid. It is about feelings and in a business style letter like this there is no room for feelings. I will draft up my suggestion in a moment and post it see if you like it.

Yeah I agree... :) good advice

alex__17
29-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Thank you, it is a lot less 'feeling-y' than it was! But I guess it needs an outside eye from someone else, and I've no experience of doing this either!

Yes if you have time for a draft it would be much appreciated, I've already removed lots from my letter after reading your comments!

shortstuff
29-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Dear xxxx

I am writing to let you know that I have made the business decision to carry through with ending our contract as discussed. I have made this decision because on checking emails tonight I discovered the family I approached have accepted the hours xxxx currently uses.

With this in mind I will waive the four weeks notice as discussed. This means that the last day of care I will provide xxxx will be xx/xx/xx. The fees are £in arrears/ current/ in credit. I will (require you to) rectify this (if required) by x date.

It has been a pleasure to care for xxxx. If you should require the numbers for colleagues in this area ready for your return to work please let me know and I will give you their details.

Please bear in mind it is your responsibility to notify tax credits that you are no longer using my setting for xxxx's care. Please do that as soon as possible on 08-------

Yours sincerely

YYYY

tigwig
29-04-2014, 07:56 PM
I think the op's letter was good and probably something I would use. .. feelings and all! But I also like the other letter too!
Op do whatever you feel is best but please dont change your mind and back out lol!!!
I suspect the mum may be very annoyed and become nasty when she knows shes messed things up for good. She deserves to have lost her place and it serves her right.
Good luck with it all, stay strong and keep us updated :)

alex__17
29-04-2014, 08:30 PM
Letter emailed, will drop over to her tomorrow too, added a little bit of feelings into it, but kept it more about accepting other people as in draft below.

Many thanks for help, switching off phone until the morning... Hope I sleep, feel very worried about it all!

Koala
30-04-2014, 06:34 AM
Ordinarily Alex-17 I thinbk yours is much more sympathetic BUT under the circumstances I think shortstuffs is spot on :thumbsup:

smurfette
30-04-2014, 07:12 AM
Hi Alex hope you got some sleep I am like that when something happens really take it to heart! Hope she is fine with you and it all gets sorted, just take a deep breath and mark the days off on the calendar xx

Snowwhite
30-04-2014, 07:21 AM
Some people i know ( not CM's) think we have an easy job looking after people's kids,but its not actually due to some of the parents we have to deal with and sometimes we may have a problem child. I know we can always end a contract if parents/child make it difficult for us but if that contract brings in decent money then its often easier said that done. I remind my husband of things like that when he tells me " your job is easy"!

shortstuff
30-04-2014, 08:28 AM
Some people i know ( not CM's) think we have an easy job looking after people's kids,but its not actually due to some of the parents we have to deal with and sometimes we may have a problem child. I know we can always end a contract if parents/child make it difficult for us but if that contract brings in decent money then its often easier said that done. I remind my husband of things like that when he tells me " your job is easy"!

My oh got a big shock as to the realities of our 'easy job' he had a week off to be my arms after I had a laparoscopy. He now appreciates how hard we work.

mrs robbie williams
30-04-2014, 11:06 AM
Mine had half term off and went back to work for a rest lol xx

alex__17
02-05-2014, 12:24 PM
I've heard nothing from the parent, sent a text the following evening, couldn't face calling her even though I probably should have but I just couldn't face it and didn't want to be put in the spot or talked around, I know cowardly and probably unprofessional but it was a hard week and just didn't think I could cope if I went and got talked into having them back!
Anyway sent a text saying similar to email of contract termination (always communicate by email in past, she never bothered to bring daily diary in and said she'd prefer an email), asked in text to please confirm she'd received letter, heard nothing. A busy week and haven't dropped letter over to her, should I do, or just leave it now?
Wondering if she'll dump the kids on my doorstep on tues morn, and deny ever receiving the email and text! Although she won't have paid so I won't be having them but I don't want to have to turn them away for the kids sake.

AliceK
02-05-2014, 12:26 PM
I think I would definitely hand deliver the letter through her letterbox (and then run away if you can't face seeing her lol)

xxxx

jackie 7
02-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Yes I too would hand deliver it. Good luck.

Ripeberry
03-05-2014, 11:39 AM
I've heard nothing from the parent, sent a text the following evening, couldn't face calling her even though I probably should have but I just couldn't face it and didn't want to be put in the spot or talked around, I know cowardly and probably unprofessional but it was a hard week and just didn't think I could cope if I went and got talked into having them back!
Anyway sent a text saying similar to email of contract termination (always communicate by email in past, she never bothered to bring daily diary in and said she'd prefer an email), asked in text to please confirm she'd received letter, heard nothing. A busy week and haven't dropped letter over to her, should I do, or just leave it now?
Wondering if she'll dump the kids on my doorstep on tues morn, and deny ever receiving the email and text! Although she won't have paid so I won't be having them but I don't want to have to turn them away for the kids sake.

Deliver the letter and turn them away. Just out of interest, how does she get them to you if she has a broken ankle? Seems strange that she is off work so long but can still get around?

alex__17
04-05-2014, 07:50 AM
Her brother/dad have dropped them in the past and last week she got in a taxi with them and dropped them that way...she usually gets a taxi to drop them off when she was working and then the taxi continues onto her work, goodness knows what it cost!

Koala
04-05-2014, 07:57 AM
Her brother/dad have dropped them in the past and last week she got in a taxi with them and dropped them that way...she usually gets a taxi to drop them off when she was working and then the taxi continues onto her work, goodness knows what it cost!

:panic: :panic: :panic: OMG :panic: :panic: :panic:

KatieFS
04-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Just reading the thread. What a flaming cheek this parent has! So disrespectful!
Cannot believe this! I'd refuse to have the children until she pays up to date, hand her final invoice and notice. Ring her, write to her..all in a nice way, you are running a business!
Parents not paying gets my goat.

Ripeberry
04-05-2014, 09:03 PM

No wonder she has no money! But then if she is trying to drop them off to you... Turn her away. Be strong!

alex__17
05-05-2014, 07:51 AM
Been ill all weekend so dropping letter over today, hoping not to see her. Know what you mean, esp as there's a bus that runs from her house to less than 5 minutes from mine that another parent catches daily, I always saw taxis as a treat not an everyday thing, annoyed me she could pay for a 30 minute trip in rush hour in a cab then might not be able to pay me.
Will turn away tomorrow, I've heard nothing from her, although in the letter I did put she needs to let me know if she needs childcare tues, but that I'll invoice and need paying beforehand.

Emra81
05-05-2014, 07:54 AM
Definitely a good idea to drop the letter off today....I can foresee her turning up tomorrow and pleading ignorance. I'm getting soooo cynical!

wee_elf
05-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Fingers crossed she doesn't turn up tomorrow xx

alex__17
06-05-2014, 07:07 AM
Sitting here on edge she'll turn up, contracted time 730 but has been up to an hour late before, I'll relax at 9 as I'm going out then!

smurfette
06-05-2014, 07:14 AM
Sitting here on edge she'll turn up, contracted time 730 but has been up to an hour late before, I'll relax at 9 as I'm going out then!

Fingers crossed for you!!

smurfette
06-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Did she come ?

alex__17
06-05-2014, 09:32 AM
No thank goodness :-) I'm so happy, sch a relief, hope this is the end of it :-)

smurfette
06-05-2014, 09:36 AM
Great news! Enjoy your day now!