PDA

View Full Version : Applying to ofsted - What happens?

Taylored
28-04-2014, 11:04 AM
Hi Ladies, I sent my ofsted application off finally on Tuesday as all the dbs forms have arrived. I have not heard anything yet and my process history says it is now with Ofsted as of 22nd April. I have my medical form here and have yet to pay for the Ofsted application as I cannot see how to pay for it. Do I now just sit and wait for Ofsted to contact me, or do I need to call them?

It isn't very clear (either that, or I am in thicko mode today).

Thanks

Emma

Em.93
28-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Hi Emma,

Sorry not much help but you're not a thicko! Im in more or less the same place as you! I finally got DBS back last Tuesday too! So I finished the EYC form (along with my partners EY2 form) and submitted to Oftsed but there weren't clear instructions on what happens next.. I have not yet paid and not too sure whether Ofsted contact us or whether we call them. I may give them a ring tomorrow if I've not heard back, some people say I takes a week? Not sure if tht is certain though. I let Ofsted contact my referees so obviously it will take a little longer than if I were to have provided them anyway. But just the fact that it didn't really give any clue on what is expected next?! Fingers crossed you get somewhere!

Emily

Vikki5531
28-04-2014, 01:54 PM
Hi Ladies, I sent my ofsted application off finally on Tuesday as all the dbs forms have arrived. I have not heard anything yet and my process history says it is now with Ofsted as of 22nd April. I have my medical form here and have yet to pay for the Ofsted application as I cannot see how to pay for it. Do I now just sit and wait for Ofsted to contact me, or do I need to call them? It isn't very clear (either that, or I am in thicko mode today). Thanks Emma

Hi Emma,

I applied to Ofsted around 3 weeks ago.

Within the first week, both my friends received a letter from Ofsted requesting their references and I received a pre-paid envelope to return my Health Declaration.

Around a week later I received a further letter with a security token reference (required to make payments and access your SEF) and an invoice to pay the £35 registration fee.

So I am now waiting patiently to receive further news about a visit, I'll keep you posted.

Good luck with your application! Xx

Taylored
29-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Hi Emma - Welcome! It looks as if we shall be doing it all at the same time.

Vikki - thanks for the heads up. You are a few weeks ahead - I got stuck on the sodding DBS stage.

I just got an email to say there had been an update, so I checked and I now have an Ofsted URN. It looks like the ball is now rolling.

danemi1
29-04-2014, 10:54 PM
So pleased one saw this...same things with mine this evening...where to pay...when to send health form...so thanks you've answered my questions......did you apply for both types of registration inc the one to let you look after slightly older children

Jenny2
30-04-2014, 11:25 AM
Hi - this my 1st post i'm a newby !!! but have been hovering for a few months and finally decided to come out ,have completed the cypops course with my local authority and applied to osfted and recieved an urn number - I have sent off my health declaration , they suggested by reg post - and have decided which two of my friends can supply me with a refence , been waiting for my and my familys dbs - there on stage bleeming 4 for the last 3 weeks,
getting super organised cant stop buying childrens books have over 100 and even listed them out in alphabetical order with columns for the 7 stages of learning - cant wait to get started . :excited:

Em.93
01-05-2014, 01:19 PM
I now have my URN too!

I was wondering can I pay now or do I need to wait for the "security token reference"? Does this come by post, if so any ideas how long after receiving URN does it come and can you pay online?

Sorry getting confused with all the things needed!

Emily

Vikki5531
02-05-2014, 06:32 AM
I now have my URN too! I was wondering can I pay now or do I need to wait for the "security token reference"? Does this come by post, if so any ideas how long after receiving URN does it come and can you pay online? Sorry getting confused with all the things needed! Emily

Hi Emily,

You will get the invoice through the post with the references you need to pay it.

I think I got mine a couple of weeks after I had applied to Ofsted xx

LizP
02-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Hi ladies!

I just wondered if you could help, I am going through my application process and hubby is doing EY2 form. It says he needs and application reference? Is this part of my form?

Advice please!!

zanacal
02-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Liz, near the end of your own form there's an option to email those who need to fill in an EY2 form. When that email is generated it will include a link to the form and the necessary reference number. Make sure the name you have on your form is the name your husband uses on his - I initially only used my hubby's middle name on one of the forms and it didn't link them up until I'd corrected that!

Em.93
02-05-2014, 03:31 PM
Hi Emily,

You will get the invoice through the post with the references you need to pay it.

I think I got mine a couple of weeks after I had applied to Ofsted xx

Thanks so much Vikki, will look out for it :) wish this process would hurry up already!

LizP
02-05-2014, 08:28 PM
That is so helpful thank you very much

I did set up our government gateway account with Hubby and he did his EY2 form through that, but I have seen the link to send it to him so I will do that x