PDA

View Full Version : progress checks

jashol
28-04-2014, 07:12 AM
If I ask a school/ nursery for a copy of a under 5 s LG or progress check and I have parent permission to do so will do these have to be given to me ?
Mum has requested that I ask for these their are reasons mum cannot or wont ask for them which I fully understand and know why she wont .

sarah707
28-04-2014, 08:04 AM
No - they have no requirement to give it to you - they have to give it to parents on request but you are not parents... x

Simona
28-04-2014, 08:18 AM
If I ask a school/ nursery for a copy of a under 5 s LG or progress check and I have parent permission to do so will do these have to be given to me ?
Mum has requested that I ask for these their are reasons mum cannot or wont ask for them which I fully understand and know why she wont .

I think that in this area there is the matter of 'interpretation'....so here we go again

Very rarely parents do not agree for cms and preschools to share LJ or info...if this is the case there maybe a valid reason or something else behind it and yes we know that this can create problems especially when a child needs additional support

Looking both at EYFS 2012 (page 2 and current) and EYFS 2014 (page 6 to be implemented in Sept) both refer to partnership working between providers and parents
When we do not show evidence of this we know that inspectors are making it a recommendation or even downgrade

So where do we stand?...
parents have the right to refuse communication between settings and also other professionals while the legislators and regulators want us to work together.... and the schools argue they do not get enough records when children enter their classrooms and Wilshaw accuses the sector of not preparing children for school

Has anyone got a solution?

jashol
28-04-2014, 08:53 AM
Parent has given permission for me to talk to school and so on
I have put in place a childminder to school book this morning and explained to the teacher that mum has given permission for this book for us as providers to put comments in about lo.
However mum has just phoned me this morning and said the maternity cover teacher who is lo key worker has said " I got a book off the childminder this morning and will look at it later but I want to see you about it tomorrow"

wee_elf
28-04-2014, 10:00 AM
The maternity cover may not be aware that parent permission has been granted or has never done this before and wants confirmation from mum before she communicates with you. I would rather double check and cover my basis then face reprimand later xx

jashol
28-04-2014, 10:08 AM
Am not taking on whole what mum says as fact because
All children settle better than others
Some cry some dont
And maybe this teacher just comes across as a bit abrupt ( has done to me)
But mum is on phone to me or texting asking certain things which I cannot answer and can only answer when in my care but it at times when it my family times or weekends so my thinking of having this in place is then mum reads and signs it on the two days I have lo with information from school and from myself as to what she been doing mum greatest concern is the child cryimg when having accident at school lo doesnt cry if had accident with me or with parents but is getting really upset at school when doing accidents.

jashol
28-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Mum has signed the book too .

AliceK
28-04-2014, 10:21 AM
Am not taking on whole what mum says as fact because
All children settle better than others
Some cry some dont
And maybe this teacher just comes across as a bit abrupt ( has done to me)
But mum is on phone to me or texting asking certain things which I cannot answer and can only answer when in my care but it at times when it my family times or weekends so my thinking of having this in place is then mum reads and signs it on the two days I have lo with information from school and from myself as to what she been doing mum greatest concern is the child cryimg when having accident at school lo doesnt cry if had accident with me or with parents but is getting really upset at school when doing accidents.

I used to have this problem, with parents calling / texting me at all times with no regard to me being outside of working hours and having any family time. I got so fed up I sent a note to all parents advising them that I have a new phone and from now on my "work" phone will only be on / checked from 7.30am until 7pm. These times give parents a window of opportunity to contact me before work and for a short time after work eg if they get home and remember to ask / tell me something. It has cut down loads on the times a parent will try and contact me although 1 parent still did when I had a week off over easter but at least I don't have to feel any pressure to answer the calls / texts.

With regard to nursery / school, I have a signed form from parents given permission to share information. I give a copy of it to the nursery key worker / school and keep a copy myself which I can show the nursery / school if they just happen to lose their copy .

xxx

xxxx

jashol
28-04-2014, 11:37 AM
Lo school book says no accidents at school but when I got to outside school seen lo was damp asked lo if she had just had that accident she said no at school !!! I asked why she didnt tell teacher she said she get told off and then started to cry this is what mum concern is . Ive wrote in the book that I noticed lo was damp outside of school and that I changed her should I add into the book what lo said about having accident in school