PDA

View Full Version : EYFS for dummies

venus89
24-07-2008, 07:23 PM
In my new improved efficeient way of working (I wonder if this will be like when I used to get an new excercise book at school and start off by underlining all my headings in a different colour and end up with doodles in all the margins..........)

I digress. Sorry :blush:
My new super organised regime for paperwork includes a journal of observations for each child, into which I'd like to put the briefest possible explanation of EYFS for the parents, for when I give them the journal at the end. So, with hubby away and the kids in bed, I've sat down tonight to try to knock up something and so far the best I can come up with is this "Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
EYFS has four themes, which each contain four commitments. These themes and commitments guide all early years practitioners in their work with children and their parents.
The themes of EYFS are:
A Unique Child (with commitments of child development; inclusive practice; keeping safe; and health and well-being)"
which is cobblers and boring and I cannot motivate my poor old brain to even contemplate trying to make any sense of it myself.....

Does anyone happen to know if there's an incredibly simple EYFS overview anywhere which I can have a peek at? My summary really only needs to be as brief as possible - the journalsare A3 and I don't want it taking up more than a page.

donnahay0
24-07-2008, 07:26 PM
A very good idea. I can remember seeing a leaflet somewhere that could be given to parents. Trouble is I cannot remember where I saw it - I think it was something that could be printed out. If anyone has any ideas this might help you

Pauline
24-07-2008, 07:34 PM
I've just copied the principles into practice card and put it at the front of the each child's file with a short explanation, I'd already sent out letters explaining a little about EYFS and that the ways I record things about their child would be changing.

I think it was Sarah who posted the leaflet, perhaps she will add it again.

venus89
24-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Thank you both - I'll have a trawl through and see if I can find this leaflet x

sarah707
24-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Here it is! :D

The original design (before I changed the fonts, wording, colours, pictures etc) came from someone else ... and I am sure the pictures are copyright to somewhere. I am happy to share my wording.

donnahay0
24-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Wow how good are you Sarah. Always there for us. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

venus89
25-07-2008, 07:05 AM
Oh thank you so much Sarah - you're an absolute star xxx :clapping:

Pedagog
25-07-2008, 07:16 AM
Thanks Sarah

Chimps Childminding
25-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Thanks Sarah - I don't know how you manage to do all this - you must be Superwoman - either that or need very little sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Tatia
25-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Fantastic, Sarah. I've been toying with creating something as I have just finished accreditation process and this was flagged as something for me to do for parents. So I figure, why re-invent the wheel?:D

You da bomb.

ChinaEYFSguy
11-07-2014, 05:07 AM
Here it is! :D

The original design (before I changed the fonts, wording, colours, pictures etc) came from someone else ... and I am sure the pictures are copyright to somewhere. I am happy to share my wording.

Hi Sarah, I see the forum entry...but where is the document?

hectors house
11-07-2014, 07:21 AM
Hi Sarah, I see the forum entry...but where is the document?

I'm assuming the link has been deleted as this was for the original EYFS in 2008 - the EYFS changed in 2012, so the document would be out of date.