PDA

View Full Version : Important Question please help

jelly15
27-04-2014, 10:38 AM
I was checking through paperwork today and noticed my 18 year olds son's CRB has expired a couple of weeks ago. I have sent an urgent email to my inspector's team apologising so they will get it first thing tomorrow morning. Will I have to shut down until the new DBS certificate arrives. How long will that take? Oh I am so worried :panic:. If I have to shut that will be the end of me minding :( I am usually so organised and feel really stupid

jelly15
27-04-2014, 10:43 AM
I am in Wales if this makes a difference. Has this happened to anyone else?

lisbet
27-04-2014, 10:48 AM
I'm sorry, I don't know, but wanted to send a :group hug: for the worry

Just wondering - if needs be, could your son stay with friends/ family until his new paperwork came through? Then you could inform the inspectors team that he would not living at the premises until he was cleared again - surely that would show above and beyond willing to keep to the rules?

Not very nice for your son, but if it means you can carry on your business...

I hope a Welsh colleague can put your mind at rest very soon x

tulip0803
27-04-2014, 11:37 AM
Hi

My 16 year old daughter still hasn't had her DBS back she was 16 in August last year. I spoke to my inspector and said we were struggling with ID documentation and offered for her to stay with her grandparents until it was sorted but was told we didn't "need to go that far". She has no passport/driving licence, the bank refused to send a bank statement to her for 6 months!!! I had to write to confirm that she hasn't had any convictions, would never be alone with children etc.

I had my inspection in Jan we were still struggling - a different inspector - I spoke with her and explained (I had also just rang for the forms for me, DH and DS) she said they are a real pain for 16 year olds. She said because I understood the importance and was trying it was different than if I was just not bothered. I had nothing noted about it in the report. In Feb she did it and they still haven't sent it off as they then decided she needed a photo signed from her head teacher as she had no photo id, then they misplaced the photo, then they found that they had never sent her a social services form!!!!

I think what I am trying to say is that CSSIW are understanding unlike OFSTED. I would ring and explain that you understand how important it is and you are sorry and are getting it sorted ASAP. I was on a training day yesterday and we had an inspector come and she said that they want to keep settings open through hiccoughs as it is the children that suffer if settings just close without a serious reason - maybe just her opinion but it put us all at ease.

jelly15
27-04-2014, 11:50 AM
Thank you for the replies. Tulip you have reassured me a little. Don't want to lose my business and my son could stay with my parents but that would be difficult for all concerned. I will wait until mid afternoon to see if they reply to my email. If not I will give them a ring. I am due an inspection any time too :panic:

FussyElmo
27-04-2014, 02:52 PM
I was checking through paperwork today and noticed my 18 year olds son's CRB has expired a couple of weeks ago. I have sent an urgent email to my inspector's team apologising so they will get it first thing tomorrow morning. Will I have to shut down until the new DBS certificate arrives. How long will that take? Oh I am so worried :panic:. If I have to shut that will be the end of me minding :( I am usually so organised and feel really stupid

How long do they last for in Wales - is it 2 years?

jelly15
27-04-2014, 05:44 PM
How long do they last for in Wales - is it 2 years?

Three years Fussy

primula
27-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Would it work if he was out when you were in with the kids?

Chatterbox Childcare
27-04-2014, 06:22 PM
In UK there isn't a expiry date so maybe you are okay. have you googled the information/rules in Wales in case they are different to us?

FussyElmo
27-04-2014, 06:27 PM
Three years Fussy

When did you get it done then because if it was 16 and hes now 18 hasn't he still got time on it :-) Or am I missing something :D

FussyElmo
27-04-2014, 06:27 PM
In UK there isn't a expiry date so maybe you are okay. have you googled the information/rules in Wales in case they are different to us?

Welsh minders have to renew theirs :thumbsup:

tulip0803
27-04-2014, 07:29 PM
In Wales 16 year olds used to have a basic disclosure which had to be updated to a full disclosure at 18. Not sure if it has changed since DBS came in.

FussyElmo
28-04-2014, 07:00 AM
In Wales 16 year olds used to have a basic disclosure which had to be updated to a full disclosure at 18. Not sure if it has changed since DBS came in.

Thank you :thumbsup: