PDA

View Full Version : Trip to ikea

danemi1
26-04-2014, 05:41 AM
Gmorning. I'm just in process of registering so am partway through sorting out my room. Having a trip to ikea today....any tips on useful things to buy

Thanks

ja-lula-belli
26-04-2014, 05:49 AM
Ikea is a gem stone for childminders and kids, playrooms etc. all the toys are great the wooden ones are sturdy and a great price. They have great ethnic dolls too. Play tents, easel with paper etc . They do the roll of paper which I love to roll onto the floor and do walking with feet painting. All there storage is great which ever way you decide to go the box storage or drawer storage. Their table and chairs are brill to be honest you can kit out your entire room from only ikea. Lol from toys to curtains, rugs Even sofa. Happy shopping I love ikea.

danemi1
26-04-2014, 07:23 AM
Thank u...have got 3 expedit units and matching desk. Will look at crafty bits and roll of paper....tent thing sounds good too...so excited. Think this may be expensive. Do I need a fire extinguisher and a fire blanket?

Kiddleywinks
26-04-2014, 09:22 AM
I have a fire blanket, came in the MM childminder pack, but was advised by the fire officer to not use it, just get myself and the children out if there was a fire... :thumbsup:

FloraDora
26-04-2014, 09:55 AM
Thank u...have got 3 expedit units and matching desk. Will look at crafty bits and roll of paper....tent thing sounds good too...so excited. Think this may be expensive. Do I need a fire extinguisher and a fire blanket?

Unfortunately ofsted haven't caught up with or liaised about fire blankets. I have read on here that advice by FIre Brigade is get out, which matches the advice given to me. But ofsted still look for it in a CM home! So, it is best to have one, but be prepared not to use it! Just get out quick.

Tracie Morrison
26-04-2014, 11:53 AM
Love love love ikea!! Have fun!! x

Vikki5531
26-04-2014, 12:47 PM
Gmorning. I'm just in process of registering so am partway through sorting out my room. Having a trip to ikea today....any tips on useful things to buy Thanks

I'm sooo jealous, I love Ikea but my partner keeps putting me off going because he knows I'll go on a crazy spending spree and I'm not even registered yet!

Have fun! Xx

bunyip
26-04-2014, 05:51 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :panic:

Stay out of IKEA: it sucks up all my profits.

Seriously, I absolutely had to have the play kitchen and bought it with my first client's first payment. Every single mindee has loved it.

Before I became a CM, I just thought IKEA was a hotdog stall with a ridiculously huge warehouse in front where Mrs bunyip would spend all her time and money. :p

natlou82
26-04-2014, 07:52 PM
Agreed, not a huge IKEA fan before, now it's a childminders playground, love it ;-)

Daisy1956
26-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Went on Thursday, had a lovely day and only bought what I went for. DH was amazed,I was too. May have to go again I'm sure I missed something.

Tracie Morrison
26-04-2014, 10:45 PM
I used to live 10mins away from a store but now Im and hour away :( I miss it!! neeeeeeeeeeed to go soon! so jealous lol x

danemi1
26-04-2014, 10:45 PM
Had a fabulous time....hubby and kids went for a meal in restaurant and left me to it....still halfway when they had finished so daughter joined me whilst hubby n son went to other shops they returned to find us both with trolleys ( daughter is 9)...should gave seen his face when I showed him bill for £218 I'd explain I had save £30+ and then jade a hasty exit to loo giving him time to calm down....oops. (Sssh i had such fun!!!!!!)

Tracie Morrison
26-04-2014, 10:47 PM
Had a fabulous time....hubby and kids went for a meal in restaurant and left me to it....still halfway when they had finished so daughter joined me whilst hubby n son went to other shops they returned to find us both with trolleys ( daughter is 9)...should gave seen his face when I showed him bill for £218 I'd explain I had save £30+ and then jade a hasty exit to loo giving him time to calm down....oops. (Sssh i had such fun!!!!!!)

hahaha that would have been me too!

jitterbug
27-04-2014, 05:55 AM
Haha this is me!! I live 5 minutes from one and it's absolutely the best shop ever!!

wee_elf
27-04-2014, 03:51 PM
make sure you check out the bargain corner!! I have had loads of brilliant things from there - fabrics, puppets, blankets etc,

Tracie Morrison
27-04-2014, 09:45 PM
make sure you check out the bargain corner!! I have had loads of brilliant things from there - fabrics, puppets, blankets etc,

ah yeah, sooo many bargains in there! I got a unit soooooo cheap because it had a tiny chip on the back! :)

smurfette
27-04-2014, 10:30 PM
This is my best buy lately

Image-1.pngWall pockets, KUSINER http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/50163264?cid=ie%3Esm%3Esms%3Eikea_app_share

I have six little ones across the week so have labelled them a pocket each, and If a soother or hat gets left behind I just pop it in their pocket Til next time they come.. Really great for keeping their stuff organised and not cluttering up my hall!

bunyip
28-04-2014, 07:53 AM
This is my best buy lately

Image-1.pngWall pockets, KUSINER KUSINER Wall pockets - blue - IKEA (http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/50163264?cid=ie%3Esm%3Esms%3Eikea_app_share)

I have six little ones across the week so have labelled them a pocket each, and If a soother or hat gets left behind I just pop it in their pocket Til next time they come.. Really great for keeping their stuff organised and not cluttering up my hall!

Sounds like the cloth bag we have at Bunyip Towers, marked "lonely sock dating agency". Whenever a single sock comes out of the wash, it gets popped in there until it perfect partner comes along. :thumbsup:

smurfette
28-04-2014, 08:25 AM
Sounds like the cloth bag we have at Bunyip Towers, marked "lonely sock dating agency". Whenever a single sock comes out of the wash, it gets popped in there until it perfect partner comes along. :thumbsup:

Ours is a big washing basket, even when we throw the odd ones out we seem to end up with another pile.. Does the cloth bag work?!

bunyip
28-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Ours is a big washing basket, even when we throw the odd ones out we seem to end up with another pile.. Does the cloth bag work?!

Mostly.

It's one of those 'reusable' cotton bags that would otherwise never get reused cos we're inundated with them from every organisation desperate to prove their 'green' credentials. You know, the smug little ones the chattering classes cart about to assert their moral superiority by refusing plastic bags, whilst totally oblivious to the fact that cotton crops are responsible for the pollution of more watercourses than any other agricultural practice in the galaxy. :p

wee_elf
28-04-2014, 09:51 AM
Oh good idea with the pockets, may need to steal it! x

Tracie Morrison
28-04-2014, 01:25 PM

We use one of those 'reusable' bags too!! Ours is called our 'Bits' bag... random bits found get deposited in there until someone come across a toy, sock, glove, set missing a part then we tip the bag out and marvel at the contents like a sensory bag :laughing::laughing::laughing: