PDA

View Full Version : Professional Development Plan

SwanLake
25-04-2014, 12:24 PM
Hi All
I am currently doing E100 with the Open University and am now doing my EMA. Part of the EMA is to submit my professional development plan as an appendix to the assignment. That I can do - but I have no idea how to lay out my PDP. I know professionally where I want to go ona study level, what things I want to implement in my setting etc but have no idea how to lay it out. Has anyone had to write PDP for the E100 who could give me some pointers please?
Thanks all
Swan x

jackie 7
25-04-2014, 01:06 PM
I did e100 but can't rember doing a pd thing. Ring or email your tutor. If anything like mine they will be great.

KateA
25-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Hi, not doing E100 course but I have a PD plan for myself and setting.

It has three sections - Performance management, here I include any courses I want to do, areas I have problems with and how I want to address them e.g. dealing with behavior.

Role critical development, here I keep track of everything need to be a childminder - up to date first aid course, ofsted registration etc.

potential next role development. here I write about what I may want to do after being childminder etc.

For each section in two separate columns I write how I am going to achieve it and give myself a timescale and then i write about my progress - achievements and any challenges I have had.

Does that help? Good luck x