PDA

View Full Version : no hope for me lol

ziggy
24-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Bought lovely 2nd hand mountain buggy at weekend. Have 2 lovely mindees who are bit too big for the Maclaren. So when sun came out this morning put them both in new buggy, they loved it, no crying or complaining. Walked to village shops bought lots of fruit and both loved being out. Noticed buggy was a bit difficult to push, then saw back tyre was flat. Tried to use pump but there was a part missing. So managed to walk back (uphill).

Friend's husband came to pump tyre for me then we noticed front ones were bit flat too:laughing::laughing::laughing:

So now all 4 tyres are properly inflated and just waiting for babies to wake up so we can try again.

Hoping all the effort thsi morning will help get rid of weight i put on over easter

shortstuff
24-04-2014, 12:15 PM
good luck with pushing it now although it does sound like it should be massively improved.

Talking of buggies i cant believe my luck that i managed to buy a triple buggy for £25 this week. Perfect timing for my new little one who starts this friday.

ziggy
24-04-2014, 12:26 PM
good luck with pushing it now although it does sound like it should be massively improved.

Talking of buggies i cant believe my luck that i managed to buy a triple buggy for £25 this week. Perfect timing for my new little one who starts this friday.

wow, that was a bargain

shortstuff
24-04-2014, 12:45 PM
I know i couldnt believe it x its not in what I would call great condition but very usable

dolly1985
24-04-2014, 01:15 PM
I had two in a push chair and one walking yesterday morning and I suddenly got a flat tyre-had to walk home rolling it on the rims for 20minutes! ****** nightmare !!

Father in law has just been round and repaired it :-)

Tracie Morrison
24-04-2014, 01:52 PM
I have pram addiction too at the mo, bought a lovely single 2wks ago, and then a city mini jogger double this weekend - just love playing with them! bit broody me thinks :rolleyes:

KateA
24-04-2014, 02:54 PM
Hi have you tried "Slime Tube Tyre Sealant " you put it inflatable tyres, it prevents and repairs flats and leaks and, Instantly seals punctures. I have used this on my pushchairs and not had a flat since x

shortstuff
24-04-2014, 03:19 PM
I have pram addiction too at the mo, bought a lovely single 2wks ago, and then a city mini jogger double this weekend - just love playing with them! bit broody me thinks :rolleyes:

Haha being broody wont do me any good lol im having a hysterectomy in the next few months. I will sell one of my doubles as I can't justify 2 singles 2 doubles and a triple :-). I have got away with 2 of each as I keep a single n double in my car but will remove the double to make way for the triple lol x

bunyip
25-04-2014, 08:14 AM
I've had awful problems with flat tyres on the pushchair here. The culprits are smashed glass and thorns. The council won't pay compendation unless they've had notice by email (to which they take 48 hours to respond) plus 3 working days in which to clear the glass. In effect, this means the glass can be on a pavement for a week before they are liable. :angry:

I finally gave in and got the cycle shop to supply and fit 4 new tubes filled with puncture-resistant 'gloop'. It makes punctures less likely, but it's not a 100% guarantee. Not cheap either. :(