PDA

View Full Version : Phew- environmental Health visit, Panic over

MAWI
23-04-2014, 09:46 AM
She has been and gone and given me a 5 star rating. Another tick in the box done.

loocyloo
23-04-2014, 09:50 AM
:-) well done x

Maza
23-04-2014, 11:37 AM
Wow, well done! Do you mind what sort of things she asked/looked at? x

MAWI
23-04-2014, 03:34 PM
Wow, well done! Do you mind what sort of things she asked/looked at? x

Thank you.

We worked through the 'Safer Food, better business' pack for childminders. I had already gone through it.

Then she just asked questions such as:
What types of meals or snacks I prepare.
If children bring their own lunches, how do I store them
Do I reheat things.
Did I know the difference between 'use by'and 'best before'dates.
Did I give the children leftover food from our family meals etc.. And how did I repeat them if I did.
Do I wash vegetables
Hand washing procedures
Pest control!!

Then she just looked at my different coloured chopping boards, looked at surfaces, asked how I clean them and what do I do with tea towels, popped her head in the fridge and checked fridge temperature and my opened (but covered ) stuff and when I opened it and dobel checked dates etc...

She then actually picked up my cleaning products and cross checked me how I was using them.

TBH she was lovely and a lot of the time it was obviously straight forward. A lot of my responses to -"How do you do this or that.... Was- ermmm with visual checks. How else can you tell if a packet of Ham has gone off, lol.

It was nothing to worry about and just all the usual stuff that I'm sure everyone does anyway without thinking about it.

Oh and keep food receipts for 6 months incase ther es a problem and food can be traced from supermarkets.

That's it I think.

wee_elf
24-04-2014, 02:08 PM
well done :-)