PDA

View Full Version : daily routines

Elkie Mawdsley
22-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Hello everyone

Just wondering what everyone's 'typical' day look like. I appreciate their probably isn't much typical about them - but just an idea of a loose routine. Am new to this and wondering how nuch of the day I should plan activities for etc

Also, do you tend to do themes?

toddlers896
22-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Hi. It's free play in my house until 930 and then we go to playgroup. We get home at 12, have lunch the we either go to the park or we do painting, singing, or free play for the afternoon. I don't do much planning, I have themes for each month but we don't stick to a schedule. We just go with the flow and follow the kids interests. We are out and about most of the time, hardly ever in the house.

NinaBowen
22-04-2014, 09:07 PM
I follow a theme and a celebration every month and then child's interests too.

I plan one activity for a child every morning as most of mine have naps during the afternoon and then with school run and snack, there isn't really any time to do anything.

We start at 8am. Free play. School run 8-9. We then normally go for a 1/2 hour walk and then 1/2 hour play in the garden. Snack at 10. We then do our planned activities as above whether inside or outside. Or might go to the park or playgroup which is on a Wednesday. Lunch at 12 and then down for naps at 12.45pm. School run at 3pm. Snack at 3.30pm. Free play inside or outside and then tea at 5pm.

Hope that helps.