PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started

Soper757
22-04-2014, 05:38 PM
Hi ! :)

I have just sent off for my DSB Check and abouy to do my paediatric first aid.
I will thrn beable to register with OfSTED. However, I have nothing in place yet and still
need to set up! I have read through EYFS policies etc buy I'd really like to know anything and
everything that will help me become successful in my pre registration inspection.
I would love advice on everything I need to have available and if possible help or guidance on what
I b will be asked. I want to know the ins and outs of it all so nothing is stupid advice.

Thank you so much in advance!

karen2010
22-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Hi !
Welcome to your Childminding career !
Firstly I would take a good long look at your house - is it somewhere a child will enjoy to play and does it look good to prospective Parents ?
Them have a think about what kind of business you want - LOs in the day only ? Are u prepared to work weekends/evenings ? Will u offer pre/after school care ?
You will need to get some toys/resources in place - don't spend a fortune car boots are fantastic places to buy very cheaply - make sure to buy some multi-ethnic resources too.
Look at local childminding groups - join one as soon as u can (you done need to have started work yet) and pick the brains of childminders who have been doing it a long time - they are an invaluable source of information !
Join a childminding group on Facebook and read every post you can - again a great source of information !
Take a look at childminding resources websites - great posters etc for your setting - also diaries etc for when you get going.
So basically what I'm saying is research research research - saves you making SO many mistakes in the future !
Good luck !
Xxx

Vikki5531
22-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Hi ! :) I have just sent off for my DSB Check and abouy to do my paediatric first aid. I will thrn beable to register with OfSTED. However, I have nothing in place yet and still need to set up! I have read through EYFS policies etc buy I'd really like to know anything and everything that will help me become successful in my pre registration inspection. I would love advice on everything I need to have available and if possible help or guidance on what I b will be asked. I want to know the ins and outs of it all so nothing is stupid advice. Thank you so much in advance!

Hi,

I've recently applied to Ofsted and I'm awaiting my visit.

I've done all my policies and risk assessments and have purchased all the safety equipment for my house.

I've not got loads of resources at the minute as I wanted to wait until I know the ages of the children I'll be minding.

Have you downloaded a copy of the 'Preparing for your visit' from the Ofsted website? It has about 20 questions to answer that you'll be asked during your pre-reg visit xx

sarah707
23-04-2014, 06:13 PM
There is a huge amount of advice on the forums here - just go to the subject you want to find out more about and read the threads.

Good luck! :D