PDA

View Full Version : CM health!,

AdeleMarie88
22-04-2014, 02:33 PM
Yesterday I had a seizure. I was home with my other half, it didn't last long, but felt like a long time for hubby. He rang ambulance, and they ran some blood tests. They think because I have not long come off the contraceptive pill, it caused my hormones to go a little crazy! I've had today off to rest, but I'm feeling my normal self- should I inform Ofsted? And my parents? I told them I had a funny turn and went to hospital, but i didn't say I had a fit...any advice please? Doctors seemed to think because of my age it is a one off! X

Goatgirl
22-04-2014, 03:26 PM
oh my goodness, that must have been such a shock for you both :group hug:

If you feel ok in yourself and confident then I would be inclined to go with the advice of the doctors. They sound as though they don't think it will happen again?, so in that case, just open tomorrow as normal.

I would re open on medical advice, but I know this would make me nervous, so I may arrange for a family member/friend to be around for the first day or two till I felt sure in myself that it wouldn't happen again....

You have to make the call :)

sarah707
22-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Yes you need to inform Ofsted about anything that might affect your childminding. They will probably want you to see their doctors to be checked over as fit for work.

They might come out to see you after you inform them so make sure you are ready for them.

Sending big hugs xx

AdeleMarie88
22-04-2014, 05:11 PM
Ok thanks Sarah :) x