PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed

Tealady
22-04-2014, 01:31 PM
In 6 years of minding I have never had a problem with payment.

I now have one parent with a tiny bill but is now over two weeks late. Late fees will be bigger than the bill if I choose to apply them.

They will definitely be without childcare Friday morning if they don't pay up by then.

Maza
22-04-2014, 02:10 PM
It really is annoying - it causes so much ill feeling. Let us know how you get on. Good luck. x

toddlers896
22-04-2014, 03:09 PM
so annoying when they think it doesn't matter if we are not paid. I wont take any crap with payment. No money, no childcare.

AliceK
22-04-2014, 03:18 PM
so annoying when they think it doesn't matter if we are not paid. I wont take any crap with payment. No money, no childcare.

Agree. I also add on the late fees. Have had to do it only the once with 2 different families. It shows a complete lack of respect to not pay us on time :angry:

xxx

Tealady
22-04-2014, 04:28 PM
What's made it even worse is that the child is school age and only been coming a couple of months. It was for two set sessions before school per week, so not much work but fitted nicely and he's a nice lad.

Mum has been promoted at work and wants to be able to use any two mornings a week as her shifts have changed. I have given her two options. First she can use any two mornings but I can't guarantee availability, or she can pay 2 days at full fees and 3 at half and always have a space available. Funnily enough she has said she doesn't want the retainer option. If I could walk to school it would be fine as he is 10, so not in my numbers. However as the school run is a 9 mile round trip, I have to drive so he takes a "space" in my car.

I don't think she understands that if I keep the space solely for her son and charge nothing I could end up turning away nearly £1k a year.

shortstuff
22-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Have you thought of making up an invoice to show her what the space is valued at? Maybe then she would appreciate you x