PDA

View Full Version : Me and my family theme

Cherina
22-04-2014, 12:12 PM
Hi,

I'm new here and just thought i would ask for some advice please

I'm just starting to do my planning for my May theme which is me and my family.

I have 4 mindees at the moment a 20 month old, a 2 year old and 4 and 5 year old brothers.
I'm really struggling with some arts and crafts ideas for this theme that i can do with the children

Any ideas would be really appreciated
Thanks

Elkie Mawdsley
22-04-2014, 05:58 PM
Hello

I'm new to minding too so apologies if ny suggestions are not great:

Perhaps some hand print painting as a family tree? Might need to use both hands with a finger for each person, mum, dad, bother/sister, grandparents etc?

Or you could get them to draw a relative and talk about the things they do together etc.

JKL
22-04-2014, 06:24 PM
How about some baking?
A cupcake for each member of the family decorated in their favourite colours and toppings?
Gingerbread men/women and they can ice/decorate them to resemble each family member?

Family Trees are always a fun one, could use actual sticks etc?

xx

wee_elf
22-04-2014, 07:23 PM
A lovely craft I have done in the past is to ask parents for photos of the child's family and then make copies onto paper, then sticky back these on to boxes or tins (metal formula ones are best).
This then is a basis for a million different activities - storing items from home to talk about, words (i.e. mum, dad, dog), small world people, using as a drum to bang out syllables etc.

Hope this helps :)

Cherina
24-04-2014, 02:29 PM
Thanks for all the great idea, I really like the family tree idea. Definitely going to be trying some
of them in the next couple if weeks.

I'm still getting used to coming up with arts and craft ideas

Thanks xx