PDA

View Full Version : Question about photos

alex__17
19-04-2014, 10:20 PM
I have all the signed permissions for taking photos in place but was just thinking, a while ago a 3 year old mindee brought her camera in (one of the kids vtech digital ones) and was taking photos while we played outside. I had my son and her own brother present most of the day and by the time we collected the after schooler the memory on the camera was full so she thought she was taking photos but they weren't being stored, and the after schooler was the main one taking them.
In future though if this happened and there was safe would I have to delete any photos of other children before she goes home? It didn't occur to me on the day and its only now looking back on it I'm not sure on the rules.

Mouse
19-04-2014, 10:32 PM
What does your camera and mobile phone policy say? That would apply in this case, so you would need to follow your own rules on that.

I don't allow children to have any of their own equipment that can take photos. I have one of the vtech ones for them to use here, but I have control of the photos on there.

alex__17
20-04-2014, 08:34 AM
Thanks for that, I think I'll add into the policy and say children are not allowed to bring in cameras just to be on the safe side, just panicked me thinking about it and what would I have done if the memory hadn't been full and I'd not thought about it until after she'd gone home, if it were an adult taking photos in my house I'd have dealt with it very differently but because it was a mindee with her own toy camera I don't think I took it as seriously as I should of.
Will amend the policy now and circulate to parents, might drop the child's parent a quick email too to double check no photos saved, kids kept complaining a message was coming up all day which I read and said memory full but I'm just worrying now

AliceK
20-04-2014, 11:12 AM
I don't allow anyone to take any photo's or videos here, that includes my own children with their phones, tablets etc. I do have mindees who ocassionally in the holidays will bring in their own stuff but I make it clear to parents that I am not responsible for breakages and make it clear to the child in front of their parents that due to my safeguarding policy they are not allowed to take any photo's / videos. If they did after being told not to then I would confiscate the equipment until they go home.

xxxx

Vikki5531
20-04-2014, 11:35 AM
Thanks for that, I think I'll add into the policy and say children are not allowed to bring in cameras just to be on the safe side, just panicked me thinking about it and what would I have done if the memory hadn't been full and I'd not thought about it until after she'd gone home, if it were an adult taking photos in my house I'd have dealt with it very differently but because it was a mindee with her own toy camera I don't think I took it as seriously as I should of. Will amend the policy now and circulate to parents, might drop the child's parent a quick email too to double check no photos saved, kids kept complaining a message was coming up all day which I read and said memory full but I'm just worrying now

My Daughter has got one of those Vtech cameras, and when you get that 'memory full' message it definitely doesn't save any other photos attempted to be taken, so try not to worry too much xx

alex__17
20-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Thank you for confirming about the message, it was definitely doing it the whole day as she kept complaining but with 2 toddlers a 3 year old and a 5 year old I didn't have time to look at it!
Only been minding a few weeks and I just didn't consider this properly, I'm finding I'm amending a lot of my policies as while they seemed fine before starting in practise things don't always work.
Thanks again for advice, I know in the future, certainly am learning a lot as I go along here