PDA

View Full Version : Soft top car

danemi1
17-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Just finished cypop course and in process of applying to get registered so total newbie..
Ive got a soft top car....do u think this will put parents off? Do u think I'd be ok on warm days to ever have top down on car....when transporting little ones....we live in a quiet area. I do it with my two but they are secondary school now...thanks

karen2010
18-04-2014, 07:22 AM
Personally I don't see why it would. They will have car seats and be safe so don't really see the problem?
My LO loves it on warm days when I have the window down all the way where she sits, she pretends to drive the car as she can feel the wind on her face so she would LOVE an open top car !!
I say enjoy it while you can - as you get more mindees you will eventually have to get a bigger car to accommodate them all !
I have just bought a 7 seater Zafira and I LOVE it - no more constantly swopping car seats about and my Daughter can have her friends come in car too as not restricted by number of seats !
Xxxxxx

danemi1
18-04-2014, 07:31 AM
Hubby keeps trolling me..the beetle will have to go! Have wanted nor for decade...boo hoo!

karen2010
18-04-2014, 07:37 AM
Wait till you have struggled swopping car seats about, trying to squeeze in double buggies, having other CMs look down their noses at you coz you don't have a "proper" childminding car, had the LOs kick your precious seats with their muddy shoes,and dropping stuff all over your car.......you will be desperate to swop it for a 7 seater !
I'm saving the soft top for when I no longer childmind!
Know what you mean though ....I had an MR2 and LOVED it, had to sell it when I fell pregnant, was gutted. I suppose my Daughter makes up for it.....most days........!!

AliceK
18-04-2014, 04:29 PM
I'll add my thoughts as a parent. My mum has had lots of soft top cars over the years and if I'm honest I hated my 2 children going anywhere with her if she would have the roof down. So if I were choosing a childminder for my own children I might think twice about it. BUT, then again I am an overly cautious mum :blush:
I do know of a childminder who has a soft top but whether she has the roof down during work I don't know.

xxx

fionamadcat
20-04-2014, 07:22 PM
My dh had 1 for a while when our kids were wee, it was a nightmare for carseats etc and it was very enclosed in the back so every time my ds was in it he would be carsick because he couldn't see out. Needless to say we didn't have it very long!!

FloraDora
20-04-2014, 10:03 PM
I have the same feelings as Alice ...our car has had to be TofTR airbags, safety for my family and so as a parent I would think twice...sorry.
My oldest son has a 9 year old basic KA which his Nanna won, brand new in a hospice raffle ..9 years ago....but I worry about him driving 300 miles from Brighton in it !

I may be a little neurotic in this area....

k1rstie
21-04-2014, 07:48 AM
Just finished cypop course and in process of applying to get registered so total newbie..
Ive got a soft top car....do u think this will put parents off? Do u think I'd be ok on warm days to ever have top down on car....when transporting little ones....we live in a quiet area. I do it with my two but they are secondary school now...thanks

I get jumpy when my girls go out with their granny with the top down.

I would be wary of a childminder with one to be honest. 7 seater all the way for me!

danemi1
22-04-2014, 11:21 AM
Thanks all....how about if top stayed up...still soft top...would that bother you?

AliceK
22-04-2014, 11:26 AM
Thanks all....how about if top stayed up...still soft top...would that bother you?

No not as much

wee_elf
22-04-2014, 07:14 PM
As a parent it would put me off. I have a distant relative who was in a serious accident whilst driving a soft top...a pole fell on the roof and he nearly died :(