PDA

View Full Version : Unusual request please help!

ja-lula-belli
17-04-2014, 12:43 PM
Hi all.

I was just called by gingerbread the charity asking for me to childmind while they hold seminars and workshops. In community centres and halls etc.
it's for a few hours with around 5 children under 5. None under 1.
How would this work with ratios? I would not be in my setting obviously and the parents would still be in same place only under my supervision.
Would I need an assistant?
Also what would you charge per hour?
Thanks in advance x

ja-lula-belli
17-04-2014, 03:55 PM
Anybody ?? (Sad face)

blue bear
17-04-2014, 04:05 PM
I can't see how this would come under childminding, you could only have three under five,would need contracts and all the other paperwork, surely not worth it for the odd afternoon?
Could they contract you for sessions as a play worker rather than a childminder, ratios would be different as it under two hours.
Give your insurance company a ring for advice and your developemnt worker if you have one.
Sorry I don't know the answer.

moggy
17-04-2014, 04:24 PM
I have heard of this being done before at local C&FC. Ask them how it will work- are they employing you, are they covering insurance, are you actually working as a 'creche worker', not a childminder? They may have done this before so just go back to them for more info. They also probably have a £ in mind as they are a charity and must have limited funds. If you are in any doubt just say no.

primula
17-04-2014, 05:43 PM
This is creche work! I think it will be well paid, google it and see what the going rate is for your area? it will be fun and a good experience!