PDA

View Full Version : Charging for lunch ?

Rach30
07-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Hi ,

I mind a little boy who is now 1 yr for 32 hrs a week . He was 6 months when he first came to me so his mum used to provide all his formula milk and then his jar food . Now tho he is eating mostly the smae food as us so his mum has suggested she gives me extra money so i provide his lunch and snacks . This makes perfect sense to me adn i'm fine with it . But the problem is that i also care for 2 4 yr olds (9 hrs a week) and i don't charge for there lunch and snacks . not sure why really ! just seemed like a good idea at the time lol . So , i feel bad cos i'm charging the one who pays the most and not the others . And in the holidays i have one of the four yr olds for longer and his sisiter so obviously they eat even more . Hmmmmm..... Think i might starting charging them for food after all , but would the parents be annoyed if i did this ? and how much do people charge ? At my childrens school its £1.53 a day just for lunch so i guess if i charged that and provided snakc s thats not too bad . BUt could i justify that if i'm just doing a sandwhich lunch ? Sorry for babbling lol . Thoughts please xx

angeldelight
07-01-2008, 10:55 AM
I would start charging for the baby but keep it at the rate it is for my other children because that is what you already do

why complicate things?

parents are hardly going to be having a chat about it are they so no one is going to know apart from yourself

then everytime i get new children in the future i would charge

but keep it the same at present for the children i already mind

that is what i would do anyway

angel xx

sarah707
07-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Good advice from Angel there... I'd just implement it as a new thing when new families come along too...

Rubybubbles
07-01-2008, 06:24 PM
I have done what the others have said, but I used to provide lunch, but no I don't they bring their own! As people moved each contract is indivual to each person if they sign it they agree!

deeb66
10-01-2008, 08:25 PM
I would also do as the others have suggested.

Good advice already given