PDA

View Full Version : Tips for cleaning baskets and toys?

lisbet
17-04-2014, 08:16 AM
Sorry for the boring question! :blush:

Baskets look lovely, but how do you get them clean? At the moment I am just wiping mine with anti-bacterial wipes, but does anyone have a better method?

As for toys; at the moment I either wash them in very hot soapy water in the sink - plus a soak in disinfectant from time to time - or if they can't go in water I wipe them with an anti-bac wipe. Things like Megabloks I sometimes put in the washing machine, but I have a dishwasher now so maybe that is better for toy washing?

Any recommendations for easy ways to get toys hygienically clean gratefully received! x

Vikki5531
17-04-2014, 08:30 AM
Sorry for the boring question! :blush: Baskets look lovely, but how do you get them clean? At the moment I am just wiping mine with anti-bacterial wipes, but does anyone have a better method? As for toys; at the moment I either wash them in very hot soapy water in the sink - plus a soak in disinfectant from time to time - or if they can't go in water I wipe them with an anti-bac wipe. Things like Megabloks I sometimes put in the washing machine, but I have a dishwasher now so maybe that is better for toy washing? Any recommendations for easy ways to get toys hygienically clean gratefully received! x

I'm in pre-reg stage at the min so I'm going to watch this thread for some tips x

dolly1985
17-04-2014, 08:58 AM
I just give mine a wipe over with an anti bac wipe but I like the idea of using the dishwasher for certain things!

Mouse
17-04-2014, 09:06 AM
I use antibac wipes for anything that can't be washed. Fabric things go in the washing machine. Plastic things in hot soapy water.

At the end of the week I spray a light misting of Dettol disinfectant spray over everything and just leave it to settle.

tess1981
17-04-2014, 09:44 AM
I use antibac wipes for anything that can't be washed. Fabric things go in the washing machine. Plastic things in hot soapy water.

At the end of the week I spray a light misting of Dettol disinfectant spray over everything and just leave it to settle.

Dettol stary is a god send I even use it when I get things out of the attic

ginag
17-04-2014, 12:41 PM
I pull the plastic bits and bobs in the dishwasher. I have a little basket which was originally for dummies and use it for little bits. Fabric stuff goes through washing machine, with Barbie clothes in a pillow case.
Xx

covgalxxx
17-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Steam mop is good just used steam over the jigsaws I got from the charity shop

lisbet
18-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the tips, everyone :)