PDA

View Full Version : New Idea - would like your opinion.

EmmaReed84
15-04-2014, 08:14 AM
Okay so this is not strictly CM related, but I have come up with something - I know as CM's we all have some form of these, but parents do not.

I usually have clips which says "I am with my childminder, if I am lost..." etc. On Friday, I went to London with my boys and only had my CM tags, so quickly scribbled my number on my plywood shapes that I use for my craft business... On the train I decided that when I got home I would make a sample of somethiing to possiblt sell... I got home, whipped up a sample and posted it, the response was crazy! All weekend I have been working on these tags, figuring out the fine details, making a logo etc. I have had loads of people say what a fab idea it is and I should try and get them in this place and that.

Being a childminder, I thought these were good for us as well, and wanted your opinion. Is this something you would be interested in? I have attached some images of what they are.

I would love to hear your feedback - good or bad Thank you x

JKL
15-04-2014, 08:30 AM
I really like them, they're a fab idea. :) x

amanda preece
15-04-2014, 08:30 AM
Like those! X

Vikki5531
15-04-2014, 08:34 AM
I think these are lovely and such a low price. Good luck with this xx

karen2010
15-04-2014, 08:44 AM
Love them ! To attach to a coat ?? I use the bracelets but yours look really good xxx

EmmaReed84
15-04-2014, 08:48 AM
Love them ! To attach to a coat ?? I use the bracelets but yours look really good xxx

I am currently waiting on the arrival some some snap hooks, from China, 8311

They can be attached to the belt hooks, zippers, bags etc...

smurfette
15-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Love them so cute!!

ziggy
15-04-2014, 09:18 AM
wonderful idea:)

blue bear
15-04-2014, 10:30 AM
I like these,good price too.

Rachel6
15-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Fab idea,will be putting in an order :-)

FloraDora
15-04-2014, 05:59 PM
They look good and an extension of the badges you can have on some beaches now. If you are a CM with a number of children a tag might be a good idea, though since we should not let children out of our sight then I hope I would never need them ..sorry. Nursery schools might be a good outlet though, with more children per adult.

Trendy designs for after schoolies might work too.

Practically I wonder about them being wood: sharp corners, weight, dip in mud and puddles resistance??

Great to be creative, a fantastic skill.

loocyloo
15-04-2014, 08:32 PM
I think they look great. I would have them on a tag in child's pocket so if they were lost they could give it to someone.

Whenever I'm at festivals with my children I give them a card to put in their pocket with our contact details plus usually club stand name!

Yes ... minded children should always be in sight and/or sound but sometimes in a busy place you can become separated or child forgets and runs off and you can't follow as quick as you might due to other children.
Not saying it's correct but could happen, and having contact details available is good. I currently use wrist bands with my details on. It's part of my RA.

EmmaReed84
15-04-2014, 09:34 PM
They look good and an extension of the badges you can have on some beaches now. If you are a CM with a number of children a tag might be a good idea, though since we should not let children out of our sight then I hope I would never need them ..sorry. Nursery schools might be a good outlet though, with more children per adult.

Trendy designs for after schoolies might work too.

Practically I wonder about them being wood: sharp corners, weight, dip in mud and puddles resistance??

Great to be creative, a fantastic skill.

All the plywood is sanded down and no sharp edges at all and they are coated with a heavy duty sealer, so although not 100% waterproof (yet) they are water resistant and wipe clean :)

MessybutHappy
16-04-2014, 10:43 AM
I'd be interested, kids are kids, no matter how much they're supposed to be in sight / hearing at all times, accidents happen, thats why we have a back up plan!

Daisy1956
16-04-2014, 09:02 PM
Great idea they look lovely. I would definately be interested in buying them.