PDA

View Full Version : ghost children

tess1981
15-04-2014, 06:43 AM
As daybreak Is reporting children seem to be failing due to lack of family time last week childminders and nurseries were to blame... wonder who's fault it is next week

Mouse
15-04-2014, 07:03 AM
Oh, I'm sure nurseries and childminders will get the blame somehow - probably for opening such long hours :rolleyes:

auntym
15-04-2014, 07:12 AM
Parents who have to work are slated if they do and those who dont are called lazy !?

leahsfx
15-04-2014, 07:21 AM
As daybreak Is reporting children seem to be failing due to lack of family time last week childminders and nurseries were to blame... wonder who's fault it is next week ..

Yet their thinking about longer school days and earlier start ages :/

tess1981
15-04-2014, 07:47 AM
There is no winning maybe if parents took their children to work and us cm's went and helped look after them there we can all keep our jobs

wee_elf
15-04-2014, 08:58 PM
Don't you know CM's and nurseries are to blame for flood, drought, earthquakes and everything in-between too lol! :p x

Simona
16-04-2014, 08:02 AM
As daybreak Is reporting children seem to be failing due to lack of family time last week childminders and nurseries were to blame... wonder who's fault it is next week

The terminology 'ghost' children was referred to by the NUT (National Union of Teachers) referring to children who attend school 8-6pm and are extremely tired and often appear disinterested due to tiredness

The BBC and Channel 4 gave much airtime to an interview with Dr Mary Bousted...in fact her remarks were widely publicised yesterday in many articles

Teacher are having their annual conference at the moment and she never mentioned cms or nurseries as the ones to be blamed
The NUT is also calling for children to start school at age 7, for children to stay in high quality childcare, for families to have more quality time and for children to be allowed to have a proper childhood without this 'too much too soon' philosophy

What came out very clearly was that the govt is using schools to provide cheap childcare and save parents money.

bunyip
16-04-2014, 08:24 AM

Well, we can at least be sure of one thing. Gove, Truss, Wilshaw, Cameron and that funny little Lib-Dem pet of his won't be to blame, will they...?

tess1981
16-04-2014, 11:45 AM
Don't you know CM's and nurseries are to blame for flood, drought, earthquakes and everything in-between too lol! :p x

We are nasty people lol

tess1981
16-04-2014, 11:46 AM
The terminology 'ghost' children was referred to by the NUT (National Union of Teachers) referring to children who attend school 8-6pm and are extremely tired and often appear disinterested due to tiredness

The BBC and Channel 4 gave much airtime to an interview with Dr Mary Bousted...in fact her remarks were widely publicised yesterday in many articles

Teacher are having their annual conference at the moment and she never mentioned cms or nurseries as the ones to be blamed
The NUT is also calling for children to start school at age 7, for children to stay in high quality childcare, for families to have more quality time and for children to be allowed to have a proper childhood without this 'too much too soon' philosophy

What came out very clearly was that the govt is using schools to provide cheap childcare and save parents money.

Only seen a quick summary on daybreak so not clued up on ins and outs but they did seem to blame parents in the summary

Simona
16-04-2014, 12:12 PM
Here is the article
BBC - Homepage (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-27027677#?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

tess1981
16-04-2014, 01:15 PM
Here is the article
BBC - Homepage (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-27027677#?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Thanks get a look later :0

wee_elf
16-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Here is the article

Thanks for the link:)

Mouse
16-04-2014, 07:26 PM

I think it was a tongue in cheek comment. Last week childminders & nurseries were to blame for children underachieving, this week it's parents who are to blame. I was saying we'd probably be blamed somewhere along the line as we are usually!

Simona
16-04-2014, 08:17 PM
I think it was a tongue in cheek comment. Last week childminders & nurseries were to blame for children underachieving, this week it's parents who are to blame. I was saying we'd probably be blamed somewhere along the line as we are usually!

I realised that Mouse...the topic of the 'ghost' children seems to be escalating and spreading to teachers...ha ha! Surely CMs should feature in there too?

Education's culture of overwork is turning children and teachers into ghosts | Melissa Benn | Comment is free | The Guardian (http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/16/culture-overwork-teachers-children-ghosts-schools?CMP=twt_gu)

Jayse74
21-04-2014, 06:18 PM
The world we live in! It just makes me laugh constantly.

We are blamed for high costs.

Blamed for creating unruly, uneducated children who cannot use the toilet, sit still or do algebra.

Accused of being lazy whilst everyone else has to work.

Blamed for the lack of provision when parents know full well childminders have a set ratio limit.

Blamed for the weather.

What else? The depletion of the Ozone layer?

I am being a little sarcastic but you get the gist lol.