PDA

View Full Version : What do you charge for bank holidays?

LGilly
13-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Hi,

If you don't work bank holidays do you charge...

Full pay or half pay? X

Blueeyedminder
13-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Hi, I'm happy to work bank holidays so if parents choose to send LO it's full pay if the LOs come it's an extra £10

FussyElmo
13-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Nothing im not prepared to work them

Pixie dust
13-04-2014, 02:45 PM
I don't charge for bank holidays as I don't want to work them. Some people do some people don't you have to decide what works best for you.

shortstuff
13-04-2014, 03:48 PM
As others have said I dont charge as it is family time and no amount of money is worth me parting with that :-)

dolly1985
13-04-2014, 03:57 PM
I charge full for bank hols and dont work them

Roseolivia
13-04-2014, 04:42 PM
Nothing as don't want to work them.

line6
13-04-2014, 04:53 PM
I don't charge as I don't want to work. I remember as a parent being really annoyed by my daughters nursery charging for bank holidays when they didn't open. Obviously each to their own as we're self employed and I'm not saying people shouldn't charge but personally I don't charge at all when I'm not available to work. If you're prepared to work and someone doesn't want to send their child in that's a different matter.

loocyloo
13-04-2014, 07:05 PM
I charge in full if I am open and nothing if I am on holiday ... and double fees if I work them ... But I don't work Mondays and am usually off the week before Easter!

AdeleMarie88
13-04-2014, 07:10 PM
I charge normal price and don't work them- I don't have my own children and do state in contract that I would be prepared to work if needed, but no one has ever taken me up on it x

JKL
13-04-2014, 07:13 PM
I'm willing to work bank holidays its upto the parents if they choose to send their LO's. Its usual price if they don't send them but time and a half if they do send them.

I've always worked bank holidays and usually weekends too so its a nice change to know that although bank holidays are hit and miss, I do get every weekend with my family.

tess1981
13-04-2014, 10:27 PM
I charge full fee and don't work them and am not willing to work them. I have the bank holidays included in my 26 days of a year and I charge for the 26 days. It's in the contract if a parent does not want to pay the holiday time I understand but they will have to look for another cm

Dragonfly
14-04-2014, 06:14 AM
I don't work bank holidays so don't charge.

messyplay
14-04-2014, 07:35 AM
I once was asked to work one for a family many years ago rearranged my plans sat waiting for them to arrive nothing.Texted them, no reply. After two hours managed to phone them they had decided to go away forgot to tell me so no I dont work them ever

JCrakers
14-04-2014, 07:40 AM
I'm not prepared to work BH's so don't charge. If I was available then I would.

I really look forward to a day off...... :clapping:

tess1981
14-04-2014, 07:47 AM
I once was asked to work one for a family many years ago rearranged my plans sat waiting for them to arrive nothing.Texted them, no reply. After two hours managed to phone them they had decided to go away forgot to tell me so no I dont work them ever

To me this is plainly bad manners. One child due to me on Friday didn't get off the bus and i rang mum in a panic. She said ooops sorry meant to ring you I'm at a wedding and she won't be with you. I mean how hard is it to let us know. Had another parent this morning text at 7am saying meant to text you last night X won't be in I hit the car yesterday. I knew last night she hit the car early on in the day why can't they let me know what going on I like to organised and all parents know that about me.... asking one parent today about plans for . end of June and September I know she will think I'm mad but I always work ahead of myself