PDA

View Full Version : Self Evaluation Form

Helpinghands
24-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Hi all,

How do we know when we have to complete a SEF? Is it before an inspection?

Helpinghands
06-08-2008, 07:33 AM
WOW Does nobody know? Or have I just asked a really stupid question?

sarah707
06-08-2008, 07:38 AM
The SEF needs completing as soon as possible.

Theoretically, from 1st September, the next inspection might be you ...

Now there's a lovely thought for a Wednesday morning :D

Helpinghands
06-08-2008, 07:44 AM
Oh dear, wish I never asked. :(

Thankyou

sue m
06-08-2008, 07:51 AM
Yeh, me too! My CSDO rang me yesterday and said I'm due for my first - 7 month - inspection so I'd better do it as soon as. I had a proper look at it last night and will have to get stuck in but I don't know when I'm going to have the time, same as everyone else. When the children have gone today I have to go and see my husband Steve in the home and then my daughter in law and granddaughter are comin for a week and she's not been police checked, she only told me last night they were coming and I am not going to say you can't, I want to see them. On the other hand it's going to be hard work as Hollie won't be pleased about other children playing with the toys and wanting a cuddle from HER Nanny lol. I will have to stay up very late and get the form filled in each night cos Hollie doesn't have any bedtime routine with her being ill for such a long time with her sleep apnea and just having her tonsils and adenoids out. How you girls with children of your own manage I just don't know! I'm definitely too old for this.

I showed the sef to a friend yesterday who is a retired primary school teacher and she said she would absolutely not be a childminder with all this paperwork. They are expecting us to almost be teachers. I know we have to do it so no point me moaning but it's kept me awake half the night.

It's really dull but muggy here. Hoping to get my HRT on Friday!!!!!! :D I'll do anything to stop these hot flushes!!!

Mrs M
06-08-2008, 07:57 AM
Hi all,
I was going to ask the same question about the SEF this morning after having read the correspondence from Ofsted in bed last night! So, we need to do it asap and submit it online? Is that correct? Can we update as and when? Confused! I had an inspection in June but could I be due one anytime from next month now that EYFS is coming in? I thought that I wouldn't have another one for three years.

sue m
06-08-2008, 08:01 AM
Hi Emma, Yes, my CSDO told me yesterday to it a bit at a time and keep going back and reviewing it. Saran N will tell you more, I only know cos I spoke to the CSDO yesterday and am still in a panic.

I'm going to ask the dumbest question ever on the forum now, what the heck is a URN? I feel realy stupid but my brain is not in gear! I bet everyone knows the answer to that one. :blush:

LOOPYLISA
06-08-2008, 08:02 AM
I havnt got a clue wat anybody is talking about:eek: had my pre reg yesterday and felt quite positive, now im not so sure ha ha, can anybody tell me in english wat a self evaluation form is? :D

Cammie Doodle
06-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Oh well , that's what I get for thinking I was getting somewhere .I have got some of my paperwork up and running lol Better start looking at SEF :(
Lisa this is the Self Evaluation Form that we need to complete (and keep updating )

sarah707
06-08-2008, 08:21 AM
I'm going to ask the dumbest question ever on the forum now, what the heck is a URN?

It's something for putting flowers or ashes in silly!! :rolleyes:

In Ofsted speak it's your Unique Reference Number - newbies have an EY number, oldies like me just have a number :D

sue m
06-08-2008, 08:37 AM
LOL :D :D Good one Sarah, I never thought of that!!!!

Thank you.

angeldelight
06-08-2008, 09:03 AM
It's something for putting flowers or ashes in silly!! :rolleyes: :D

Very funny Sarah haha

There is a thread about your URN in the EYFS section Sue if that helps ?

Angel xx

sue m
06-08-2008, 09:45 AM
Thanks Angel, about 6 of my anti-depressants is all that would help right now! :D Oh and a voddie and coke!!! Thank you, I will have a look later when I get the time!?

sarah707
06-08-2008, 11:38 AM
In Ofsted speak it's your Unique Reference Number - newbies have an EY number, oldies like me just have a number :D

I did answer the question as well :D

allinatiz
06-08-2008, 09:56 PM
I hadn't completed any SEF, old or new, and my inspector didn't mention it at all today.

I have looked at the new one and I realise it's not September yet but I thought she may have mentioned it but no.

Quite frankly..... it SCARES me! :eek:

Tasha M
20-08-2008, 07:27 PM
i may be adding to one of the dumbets questions catagories...but where do you log on to do the SEF. I can't find any paperwork on it from Ofsted....god i'm organised eh! :eek:

sarah707
20-08-2008, 07:47 PM
i may be adding to one of the dumbets questions catagories...but where do you log on to do the SEF. I can't find any paperwork on it from Ofsted....god i'm organised eh! :eek:

You have to find your paperwork!!

If you can't find it, then ring them to send out some more.

08456 404040

You need a code from ofsted to access the site... good luck! :D

LisaH
20-08-2008, 08:50 PM
I've been trying to avoid looking at this dreaded form for ages but plucked up the courage yesterday!!

Unfortunately no matter how many times I tried i can't access the site, oh dear, what a pity, never mind!! Lol

No seriously will phone ofsted and get it sorted, have to see it before I can panic for real.:laughing:

Tasha M
21-08-2008, 08:17 AM
You have to find your paperwork!!

If you can't find it, then ring them to send out some more.

08456 404040

You need a code from ofsted to access the site... good luck! :D

i shall have a search for it today and if i still can't find anything then i will give them a call tomorrow. x

Tasha M
21-08-2008, 08:18 AM
I've been trying to avoid looking at this dreaded form for ages but plucked up the courage yesterday!!

Unfortunately no matter how many times I tried i can't access the site, oh dear, what a pity, never mind!! Lol

No seriously will phone ofsted and get it sorted, have to see it before I can panic for real.:laughing:

I know of someone else who can't access the site either, she has been trying for ages now...is anyone else had this problem too?

sarah707
21-08-2008, 08:40 AM
I know of someone else who can't access the site either, she has been trying for ages now...is anyone else had this problem too?

Yes it's a bit of a mess. :(

We're advising people to make a start on the SEF on your computer in your usual writing software.

You can upload it later by copying and pasting in your answers when Ofsted have got themselves together.

This will also mean you have a copy of what you have written in case Ofsted's system goes bang and you have been able to do a spell check.

You can use the template here - these are the main questions that need answering - along with the guidance which you can find on the Ofsted website.

Hope it helps get you started! :D

mimo
21-08-2008, 08:49 AM
i have just recieved my paper copy today as i cant get online .Thinking about charging ofsted for the broken tile where it anded in the hall and for a ostiopath for the poor post lady , its rather large and heavy:D

sarahb
21-08-2008, 04:14 PM
please some one help how do i find this form???i need to do it asap!!!and im soooooo crap with computers,so if any one can help thanks

sarah707
21-08-2008, 05:11 PM
You should have a letter from Ofsted Sarah, with your log in details.

It talks you through the getting online process.

If you haven't got one, ring for a copy to be sent - 08456 404040.

You can use the blank form I have uploaded a few posts back up this thread for a start... it has all the questions and you can copy and paste the answers into the Ofsted form at a later date.

Hope this helps :D

mjw
22-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Sarah I am finding that blank really useful as I was worried about starting my SEF but with the blank I can tweek it as I go along and spell check etc. You are such a help. Bless you:clapping:
Mary

Tasha M
22-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Yes it's a bit of a mess. :(

We're advising people to make a start on the SEF on your computer in your usual writing software.

You can upload it later by copying and pasting in your answers when Ofsted have got themselves together.

This will also mean you have a copy of what you have written in case Ofsted's system goes bang and you have been able to do a spell check.

You can use the template here - these are the main questions that need answering - along with the guidance which you can find on the Ofsted website.

Hope it helps get you started! :D

that's great thanks sarah i shall forward it on to my firend too x

anita howarth
26-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Hi Emma, Yes, my CSDO told me yesterday to it a bit at a time and keep going back and reviewing it. Saran N will tell you more, I only know cos I spoke to the CSDO yesterday and am still in a panic.

I'm going to ask the dumbest question ever on the forum now, what the heck is a URN? I feel realy stupid but my brain is not in gear! I bet everyone knows the answer to that one. :blush:

is URN your registration number ???? i think it may be lol not a stupid question at all

Tatia
01-09-2008, 04:30 PM
No, it's not. You will have gotten a packet of info from OFSTED with your URN listed. Call and ask them about it if you can't find the info!

NikNak
11-09-2008, 04:42 PM
I had my ofsted inspection today and I hadnt even looked at the SEF!!!!!!!!!! I got the call last night and she came this morning at 8am. I got an all round good and overall GOOD! I got 2 recomendations which where very picky, ie. I wrote the year 2008 for a childs birthday by mistake on a accident form and the second one was she said I need to develop my assesments of the children.

Anyway back to the SEf. Be warned if you havent completed it they will ask you lots of very hard probing questions. It is very hard to think on the spot like that when you are looking after children at the same time as you can imagine! It was alot harder and in more depth than any Teaching Assistant job interview I have had.

So if I was any of you who are expecting a inspection any time soon COMPLETE YOUR SEF ASAP! x

sue m
11-09-2008, 05:32 PM
That is exactly what my CSDO told me this afternoon Nik. I've been very lucky and been able to access it every time I wanted to. I know I'm due an inspection soon but no idea when so she told me to submit it so I did.

Well done getting good. :clapping:

lindylou
16-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Hi everyone
Wondering if anyone can help i am completing my sef as i have just had my phone call to say my visit will be soon and i am up to page 17 and have a complete mental block.
Help please
Lindaxx

sarah707
16-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi everyone
Wondering if anyone can help i am completing my sef as i have just had my phone call to say my visit will be soon and i am up to page 17 and have a complete mental block.
Help please
Lindaxx

I've sent you a pm Linda... anything else just ask again.

Good luck! xx