PDA

View Full Version : Late payment -new parents

kime
12-04-2014, 06:24 PM
Hi :)

I started minding a child 2 weeks ago & at first parents tried to pay the day they first brought him to me but I insisted on payment when signing the contracts.

Last week they paid fine but yesterday said it will be transferred into my bank at some point yesterday-still nothing even following a message reminding them.

I am going to chase again tomorrow & have already decided I will not accept child Monday if not paid. I don't want to seem harsh but don't want this to become a habit & them think I will just take it - I have bills to pay!!

Just wondered if you agreed or if you think I'm being harsh?!

Thanks in anticipation

X

Koala
12-04-2014, 06:36 PM
I am in oar, good for you, you should be paid on time, every time otherwise you are quite within your rights to with hold care. No question. :thumbsup:

However, I would make the parents aware of this, :laughing: there may be a legitimate reason why they havn't paid you :laughing: although imo there isn't really any reason good enough to not pay you, so when you find out what it is, let us know and it will give us all a good laugh and it's probably nothing we havn't already heard before:

I am so sorry I forgot or probably just I forgot
The bank didn't transfer
I lost the bill
My account has been hacked
I've paid, havn't you got it?
bla de bla de blah...... ..........

sing-low
12-04-2014, 06:41 PM
I am in oar, good for you, you should be paid on time, every time otherwise you are quite within your rights to with hold care. No question. :thumbsup: However, I would make the parents aware of this, :laughing: there may be a legitimate reason why they havn't paid you :laughing: although imo there isn't really any reason good enough to not pay you, so when you find out what it is, let us know and it will give us all a good laugh and it's probably nothing we havn't already heard before: I am so sorry I forgot or probably just I forgot The bank didn't transfer I lost the bill My account has been hacked I've paid, havn't you got it? bla de bla de blah...... ..........
The dog ate my cheque book, I was abducted by aliens....

clareelizabeth1
12-04-2014, 06:58 PM
I did hear someone had a parent try to pay but the ATM was stolen. I felt that one was a good excuse.

tess1981
12-04-2014, 07:08 PM
I did hear someone had a parent try to pay but the ATM was stolen. I felt that one was a good excuse.

That was me and no joke it was true... she arrived back before I closed to pay me lol

caz3007
12-04-2014, 08:37 PM
I have got one.....I drew out £200 and lo was playing with my purse, turned my living room upside down but think lo must have posted it out my letterbox and someone picked it up

Koala
13-04-2014, 06:27 AM
I have got one.....I drew out £200 and lo was playing with my purse, turned my living room upside down but think lo must have posted it out my letterbox and someone picked it up

And of course they thought you might not want paying for childcare and you wouldn't expect payment because of this. :D

kime
13-04-2014, 07:51 AM
Thanks guys-these did make me smile

Simona
13-04-2014, 07:55 AM
Useful guidance on late payments by the Federation of Small Businesses...worth reading especially page 5.

http://www.fsb.org.uk/policy/rpu/london/assets/late%20payment%20july%202011.pdf