PDA

View Full Version : Different Rules

Blueeyedminder
11-04-2014, 06:08 PM
I was just wondering if any of you lovely minders have any 'unusual' or 'different' rules besides the norms of 'Be nice' 'We must share' etc?

yummyripples
11-04-2014, 06:59 PM
My son's school encourages the children to make good choices

sarah707
12-04-2014, 07:29 AM
The children write their own rules here so we do get some odd ones sometimes - but we normally manage to guide them towards behaviour goals everyone understands :D

Simona
12-04-2014, 07:54 AM
The children write their own rules here so we do get some odd ones sometimes - but we normally manage to guide them towards behaviour goals everyone understands :D

Totally agree with you Sarah...my own children developed a 'what being good means' charter which is openly displayed in their playroom.
It was a co-operative effort from children who attended my setting at the time whose age varied from 3 to 10 years.

I got very frustrated by children constantly being told to be 'good' by their parents so I asked the children what it meant to be good?
I asked the parents what they 'expected' of their children when asking them to be good...oh boy did I get some confusing messages there...so over to the children

They came out with 14 wonderful ideas all listed in their charter...and the additional one was: being good means staying safe and being 'happy'.

angeldelight
12-04-2014, 10:03 AM
Older ones write their rules here too

The one rule one of them said was " we do not pick our nose and eat it when others are eating " ......one of the other older ones said " oh so is it allowed at other times then " :laughing:

Angel xx

Simona
12-04-2014, 10:54 AM

The one rule one of them said was " we do not pick our nose and eat it when others are eating " ......one of the other older ones said " oh so is it allowed at other times then " :laughing:

Angel xx

That is priceless...bogey eating allowed 'at specific times only' :thumbsup:

Blueeyedminder
12-04-2014, 12:23 PM
I'm really strict with my LO, I hate toys on the dining table and especially at meal times! It's hard when you work with another minder who doesn't mind

mrs owl
12-04-2014, 10:50 PM

Angel xx

I must not stab my brother was one I had once off a mindee! Lol

Simona
13-04-2014, 06:30 AM
I'm really strict with my LO, I hate toys on the dining table and especially at meal times! It's hard when you work with another minder who doesn't mind

Agree with your first comment...after all it is our home and children will learn to respect our rules and understand why

Ah...the next is a bit tricky...but I am sure your co-minder would understand she is giving children 'mixed messages' by going against your preference....a small professional compromise there would come in useful :thumbsup:
Let us know

FussyElmo
13-04-2014, 06:42 AM
I must not stab my brother was one I had once off a mindee! Lol

A rule to live by when you have siblings, but you need to insert punch, slap, kick, strangle, inflict any sort of harm on them :D

bunyip
13-04-2014, 08:19 AM
Rule One: Don't p155 bunyip off

(clarification of Rule One: Mindees are required to do what you're told, when you're told, how you're told.... at all times.)

Rule Two: there are no further rules.

:D

shortstuff
13-04-2014, 11:28 AM
Rule One: Don't p155 bunyip off

(clarification of Rule One: Mindees are required to do what you're told, when you're told, how you're told.... at all times.)

Rule Two: there are no further rules.

:D

Haha love it well said bunyip