PDA

View Full Version : when do you atart getting more work?

2lovelygirls
11-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Hi all

I'm newly registered (as of april 1st) and have my first 2 mindees coming to me from 22nd, 2 days a week. This was someone I already knew so had a good idea before registering that they were coming to me. This is a great start but I'm worried about getting others. I have 2 young children myself so was only going to work 4 days a week. So far the contacts I've made and enquiries I've had (nothing official just general enquiries when I've been at toddler groups) have all been for full time. I am reluctant to take this on as I know while my little ones are young I want this day for them, to do paperwork, housework, appointments etc. Does anyone else struggle to keep this as a part time job? I hate turning work away but I know if I get frightened and accept a full time place that could be me working full time for the next 3 years or so/ any advice? I have just started advertising on fb, childcare.co.uk and have some business cards.

shortstuff
11-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Most of us would love requests for full time. I fully understand your reasons for not wanting to take it on though. I more often than not get part time requests. Maybe you should just give it a little time?

watford wizz
11-04-2014, 10:20 AM
I just stick to what I want to do, have full timers 4 days and mum decided she and dad could cover one day a week or granny covers. Better to stick to what suits you from the start and be honest x

lisbet
11-04-2014, 02:04 PM
If you can afford to, I would stick to your four days and wait for the right families to come along. I know that all the CMs on here that work 4 days seem to really value their day off! I work term time only and that works well for my own 3 school-aged children and I. When I started up I got no requests for full time tto, but gradually filled all my spaces with a jigsaw of tto part-timers.

wee_elf
15-04-2014, 09:19 PM
I think if you can afford to, stick with your original decision and 4 days. Otherwise you may end up regretting it and feeling stressed and resentful xx