PDA

View Full Version : songs and rhymes

lisa27
10-04-2014, 10:19 AM
just wondered if anyone has done a song and rhyme folder/book for the children to use and look at in the book corner.

jackie 7
10-04-2014, 11:48 AM
I want one as I keep getting bored with the songs try to sing.

tess1981
10-04-2014, 11:55 AM
This sounds like a good idea... I might have to make one!!!!

amyp
10-04-2014, 12:05 PM
I have a bag with objects in so we pull out a object and sing the related song!

danemi1
10-04-2014, 12:57 PM
Used to help run a toddler group and we used to have a box that had all kinds of toys inside ....we used to sing

What is in the singing box singing box
What is in the singing box what will xxxxxx choose
Then they'd choose a spider...incy wincy spider....
Fire engine....Londons burning
Horse...the horse goes clip clop
Rocket ship....zoom zoom zoom...we're flying to the moon
Sheep...Ba Ba black sheep
Duck.....three little ducks went swimming one day
Little bucket...jack and Jill went up the hill
Three big gold pennies....a song about buying currant buns.....mind is hazy on that one

The box would be passed around and around until everyone got a turn!

sing-low
10-04-2014, 02:59 PM
My DD11 has drawn some pictures illustrating our favourite songs and nursery rhymes. Then my LOs can choose which song they want to sing.Must get round to laminating them and putting them in my music box!

Mouse
10-04-2014, 03:04 PM
I made laminated picture & word cards.

The younger recognise the picture for their favourite song and the older children start to recognise the words. They either chose a card, or we pick random cards.

I think I got the pictures from ******, but if you google it you can find nursry rhyme picture/flash cards to print, cut out & laminate :thumbsup:

EDIT: Obviously I'm not allowed to name the site, so just google & see what you get :D

jadavi
10-04-2014, 04:26 PM
I bought a Talk to me album where you can record on each page and slide a pic in the see through sleeve. It came with story cards but we prefer to use laminated pics of nursery rhymes.( I got them off eBay.)

loocyloo
10-04-2014, 04:39 PM
I have a bag with laminated song cards and some props ( I also have a crib sheet for which song goes with which prop! )
Mindees love choosing and then deciding which song .. esp when it's a teddy bear or monkey they pull out as we seem to know several songs for each!