PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping anxieties

Littlemonkies
10-04-2014, 08:34 AM
Hi there, I have a 13mth old LO who has such a bad association to sleep and what I can make out only has approx 10 hours a day (24hr period) sleep, does anyone else think this is very unhealthy? LO is a very anxious child and will cry to sleep some days 15-20mins before giving in but if something wakes LO like a cough or the slightest noise LO will scream uncontrollably until LO is picked up, I've tried rocking in arms until asleep as soon as put down screams (tantrum style) for the 20 mins then gives in but mainly sobs through sleep. Never gets more than 30 mins sleep at a nap. Even sleeping in the car as soon as stop will scream at top of voice no transition in waking and registering where they are just screaming straight away. LO will then cry and be very grumpy for rest of the day does anyone have any tips I'm at the end of my tether with it! my other mindees and my own children suffering for it.

Thank you

jackie 7
10-04-2014, 11:51 AM
I have one who used to be terrible at sleeping. I started by patting his BA k to get him to sleep then just in the room now I can leave him to sleep. When woken I try to pat him back to sleep. At first he would wake at the drop of a hat now as he is happier he sleeps well.