PDA

View Full Version : Overnight stay

childminder54
09-04-2014, 09:38 PM
How much would you charge for overnight care one child 7months other 3 years. From 7pm-8am

amyp
10-04-2014, 12:07 PM
I was told to charge my hourly rate as it can be discrimination if you charge more x

Koala
10-04-2014, 12:10 PM
I was told to charge my hourly rate as it can be discrimination if you charge more x

I don't know who told you that, but I strongly disagree. What a load of :censored: You are at liberty to charge whatever you want - it's up to your client whether they pay it. :thumbsup:

tess1981
10-04-2014, 12:19 PM
It's out of your normal hours some charge £5 per hour or more or a flat fee or say £50 per child per night its up to you. You have to be on hand all night :(

Koala
10-04-2014, 12:25 PM
For my overnight care I unusally charge double my day rate but I don't like to do overnight without having them through the day too. So it would be 24hr care which would be £105.00 - this is so I can manage their needs through the night because I know how they have been during the day (my preference entirely)- I usually only do it for parents who are having a special night out - not working parents so it's a treat for them and an expense they can take or leave.

It is a lot of money but on an average it's only £4 per hour including EVERYTHING and how many folk do you know that would do a 24hr shift for that? And do a full day the next day if it's during the week. I agree the lo's may sleep, but rest assured I don't with regular checks etc... It can be very hard work with a babe too. So Don't sell yourself short.

karen2010
11-04-2014, 03:20 PM
£5 an hour per child throughout the night.

amyp
12-04-2014, 06:37 AM
I see it as if they were a shift worker wanting 3 nights a week- I don't think it's fair to charge more. However if you don't usually offer overnight then yes maybe charge more.

k-tots
12-04-2014, 07:03 AM
Night works get paid more an hour than day workers...they usually get night shift allowance x...charge what u feel is right x

FussyElmo
12-04-2014, 07:16 AM
Night works get paid more an hour than day workers...they usually get night shift allowance x...charge what u feel is right x

I wish my dh did. Night shifts are considered part of his working hours so no extra. So we cant always assume that they will be paying more.

However saying that doesn't mean that a childminder couldn't charge more for it for the unsocial hours. Beauty of being self employed you charge what you up its up to the parents to decide if they want to pay it.

shortstuff
12-04-2014, 08:27 AM
I charge 3.50 in the day and 5 in the night. Personally I think that as a cm we are awake all day and this is usual. So if a little one is not settling it is disruptive but no real harm done. However if the same happened overnight it would impact the service we offer the next day. This is my justification for charging more.