PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED to publish 'complaints summary' alongside inspection reports

Simona
09-04-2014, 03:00 PM
Summaries will apply where weaknesses have been found in a provider following a 'complaint triggered' inspection
If none found the complaint will not be referred to

Good news or otherwise?

https://www.pre-school.org.uk/sectornews/90/ofsted-to-publish-complaint-summaries-alongside-inspection-reports

rickysmiths
09-04-2014, 03:15 PM
So what is new?

Ofsted have always published the outcome of Complaints with our Reports if the Complaint has been upheld and they list the required improvements and any subsequent visits and their outcomes.

There was a Nursery near me with a list as long of your arm following an Upheld Complaint. All the faults found were then listed even though some did not form part of the original Complaint but were found on visiting the Nursery. All the required actions were listed with a date they were to be completed. Ofsted visited numerous times in the course of three years and still this Nursery had not met all the requirements.

I have seen Childminders with similar Actions listed under their Report online following an upheld Complaint..

Mouse
09-04-2014, 03:24 PM
I agree with RS. This has been the case for a long while.

I have been following a local cm who has had 3 inspections and a compliance visit since registering in 2012. It makes interesting reading and is there for all to see.

Simona
09-04-2014, 05:17 PM
Ofsted have just published their latest newsletter (April 2014)
All the info there
I posted it in the Ofsted section

rickysmiths
10-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Summaries will apply where weaknesses have been found in a provider following a 'complaint triggered' inspection
If none found the complaint will not be referred to

Good news or otherwise?

https://www.pre-school.org.uk/sectornews/90/ofsted-to-publish-complaint-summaries-alongside-inspection-reports

This report is from last year it is not a recent one.

Simona
11-04-2014, 02:46 PM
The Alliance did a press release in Nov 2013 on this proposal which is now being implemented by Ofsted

At the Ofsted Big Conversation this morning I asked one of the inspectors present if this is what is already happening and she said NO...this is a new summary and different from what is put on the current inspection reports.