PDA

View Full Version : first aid

tigwig
09-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Hi does anyone know of any private companies that provide first aid training in Wakefield area that are approved by Ofsted?

loocyloo
09-04-2014, 03:57 PM
Contact your LA and ask them which first aid trainers they accept. I know ours has a list they will send out.

tigwig
09-04-2014, 04:50 PM
I've just been told their health dev unit does but only on sat. Was hoping for through the week when our kids are at school! Will take it as hol.

loocyloo
09-04-2014, 06:40 PM
could you contact some local trainers and ask them if they are registered with LA? if not registered then ring LA and ask if they will accept your training from them?

when I needed to do mine, my LA wasn't running any first aid courses and the 2 recommended trainers that were running courses when i could attend were running their courses 60+ miles away! I found a training company local (ish) that offered the paediatric first aid and stated as suitable for childminders. I asked for a copy of what the training covered and told my LA. they then spoke to company and approved it! they were then added to the list!
cost me £100

good luck x

tigwig
09-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Ive googled my area and only ones are st johns etc. They are all on sat and more expensive so sat it will have to be! Thanks anyway :)