PDA

View Full Version : how find DBS reference number??

sarahc88
08-04-2014, 09:13 PM
I have a number which is 13 digits long in the emails sent to me from Capita, but the DBS tracking service only lets me input 11 digits! Have I got the wrong number?? Also, the payment receipt email says organisation is OFSTED and their address, which is my address! Is this something I have done wrong?

Help! :eek:

Vikki5531
08-04-2014, 09:23 PM
I have a number which is 13 digits long in the emails sent to me from Capita, but the DBS tracking service only lets me input 11 digits! Have I got the wrong number?? Also, the payment receipt email says organisation is OFSTED and their address, which is my address! Is this something I have done wrong? Help! :eek:

Hi Sarah,

I've just checked my previous DBS emails, and they say the same - Ofsted and my address, so that is right.

The 13 digit reference sounds like your payment reference. My tracking reference came on a separate email around 5 days after I applied for the DBS and it starts with the letter E xx

sarahc88
08-04-2014, 09:28 PM
oh thank you that is such a relief! It seems like such a confusing application process and I'm getting myself all muddled up here! :P

I did stage 2 (payment and application) 5 days ago and have got 2 emails since; 'payment receipt' and 'application reference'. It's the 'application reference' email that has the 13 digit number in...

I've just today emailed across the icf and my documents so hoping i get the tracking number soon!

Vikki5531
08-04-2014, 09:31 PM
oh thank you that is such a relief! It seems like such a confusing application process and I'm getting myself all muddled up here! :P I did stage 2 (payment and application) 5 days ago and have got 2 emails since; 'payment receipt' and 'application reference'. It's the 'application reference' email that has the 13 digit number in... I've just today emailed across the icf and my documents so hoping i get the tracking number soon!

Yes, hopefully you should receive it soon, if not, get in touch with them. It was great being able to track the DBS, there are 5 stages it goes through and I was checking it everyday! Mine only took around 3 weeks though :)

Wait till you get to the Ofsted application online, that really confused me! Xx

joannes
09-04-2014, 10:00 AM
Yes, hopefully you should receive it soon, if not, get in touch with them. It was great being able to track the DBS, there are 5 stages it goes through and I was checking it everyday! Mine only took around 3 weeks though :)

Wait till you get to the Ofsted application online, that really confused me! Xx

mines on its 9th week on Friday :( losing will to live.

Vikki5531
09-04-2014, 10:07 AM
mines on its 9th week on Friday :( losing will to live.

I can't believe how long yours is taking! It is ridiculous :(

I'm sure it says it can take up to 6 weeks on their site, but 9 weeks is beyond a joke!

I really feel for you and I would be tearing my hair out if it were me!

I hope it gets sorted for you soon hun xx