PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mr Gove by Jess Green...Wow!

Simona
08-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Well this is just...you decide.
Contains some swear words

Pixable (http://www.pixable.com/share/5tFC3/?tracksrc=SHTWMOB3)

critch
08-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Amazing - just amazing

amyp
08-04-2014, 08:40 PM
I liked it- until she swore- not a fan of swearing!

lisbet
08-04-2014, 09:00 PM
Brilliant! :clapping:

AliceK
08-04-2014, 09:41 PM
Sad
So true for the kids of our future. Just sad :angry::angry:

xxxx

loocyloo
08-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Goodness. So moving and I too worry for the future of our children.

lisbet
09-04-2014, 08:42 AM
Goodness. So moving and I too worry for the future of our children.

Yes, me too :( My own children are junior and secondary school aged and their schools are great - by which I mean they understand the importance of emotional well-being and characteristics of effective learning. I hope they are going to manage to keep on doing what they do now within the new curriculum, but one of the many reasons I chose to start childminding, was that I will be able to home educate my children if needs be. I just hope that Gove and his colleagues are gone in 2015 and the culture within education is improved for future children.

Simona
09-04-2014, 10:05 AM
What I liked is the reference to the hours of work teachers have to do outside of teaching...marking, preparing lessons etc....sounds familiar?

I wonder if we have a CM poet who could put the workload we have to do outside cminding hours in verse like Jess did??

gef918
09-04-2014, 10:22 AM
That was fantastic - a very talented poet.

If only Gove was listening :(

The Juggler
09-04-2014, 10:28 AM
What I liked is the reference to the hours of work teachers have to do outside of teaching...marking, preparing lessons etc....sounds familiar?

I wonder if we have a CM poet who could put the workload we have to do outside cminding hours in verse like Jess did??

come on simona - you could write a poem to Truss saying similar. x

Simona
09-04-2014, 11:08 AM
come on simona - you could write a poem to Truss saying similar. x

Oh Juggler...I am sure if I put my mind to it I could write a poem of sorts

Not sure I could deliver it with the same passion...without swearing...without spluttering all over the place with rage and the deep seated frustration and weariness I feel and coming out in a coherent and meaningful message to that woman!

MAWI
09-04-2014, 11:15 AM
Wow that was amazing- not the swearing though.
If I ever wanted to be a teacher, that would certainly put me off!!

We need a CM version- whos poetically minded?

The Juggler
09-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Oh Juggler...I am sure if I put my mind to it I could write a poem of sorts

Not sure I could deliver it with the same passion...without swearing...without spluttering all over the place with rage and the deep seated frustration and weariness I feel and coming out in a coherent and meaningful message to that woman!

:laughing::laughing: yes I can see that to do it in a calm manner would be tricky :laughing:

Simona
09-04-2014, 02:55 PM
:laughing::laughing: yes I can see that to do it in a calm manner would be tricky :laughing:

For about an hour this morning my spirits soared as Twitter was rumouring that Truss was in the odds to replace Maria Miller...oh yes please

No chance ...she is hanging on at the DfE for dear life....next reshuffle in June I believe?

Back to the poem...

jackie 7
09-04-2014, 04:33 PM
I heard that they might move ET but I think she calls her dept home.