PDA

View Full Version : Aargh!

buzzy bee
08-04-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm so annoyed! I posted a little while ago about 4 year old mindee who won't even touch her dinner... mum and dad decided she should no longer have dinner here because they end up feeding her at home anyway. Which at first I thought was great, however she is here until 7 so I need to feed my own children while she's still here, and my little boy (who has always been an amazing eater) has just decided for the first time in his life that he's going to be really picky about eating. He now turns his nose up when I put his dinner in front of him (like she used to) and refuses to touch it.

I know I'm meant to act like I don't care because I'm sure it's just for attention, but I'm really beginning to lose my patience with it. :angry:

karen2010
08-04-2014, 04:53 PM
Hi, I feel your pain, but with your own children you can wait them out until they ARE hungry enough to eat, unlike mindees !!

hectors house
08-04-2014, 07:24 PM
I'm so annoyed! I posted a little while ago about 4 year old mindee who won't even touch her dinner... mum and dad decided she should no longer have dinner here because they end up feeding her at home anyway. Which at first I thought was great, however she is here until 7 so I need to feed my own children while she's still here, and my little boy (who has always been an amazing eater) has just decided for the first time in his life that he's going to be really picky about eating. He now turns his nose up when I put his dinner in front of him (like she used to) and refuses to touch it.

I know I'm meant to act like I don't care because I'm sure it's just for attention, but I'm really beginning to lose my patience with it. :angry:

How old is your son? I would give him his tea at 7 pm when the mindee went home - my children always had to learn to wait until at least 6.30 for their tea as this was time their dad got home and I have never cooked 2 meals or eaten separately to my children. Lots of my friends were putting their kids to bed at 6 or 6.30 but mine wouldn't have ever seen their dad if I had done that. If you feed your children later, your son may be hungry enough to eat what is put in front of him without arguing and also his "audience" will have gone home. My Grandson is only just one and he has his tea at 6.30 when his mum gets home.

buzzy bee
08-04-2014, 08:24 PM
How old is your son? I would give him his tea at 7 pm when the mindee went home - my children always had to learn to wait until at least 6.630 for their tea as this was time their dad got home and I have never cooked 2 meals or eaten separately to my children. Lots of my friends were putting their kids to bed at 6 or 6.30 but mine wouldn't have ever seen their dad if I had done that. If you feed your children later, your son may be hungry enough to eat what is put in front of him without arguing and also his "audience" will have gone home. My Grandson is only just one and he has his tea at 6.30 when his mum gets home.

Thanks for the advice but I can't put him to bed that late because he gets up at 5 no matter what time he goes to bed!

It didn't help that mindee was telling him she was having fish fingers and chips tonight which is his favourite meal!! Grr.

I'm hoping it's just a phase and he'll soon realise he is hungry if he doesn't eat it!

Kaybeaa
09-04-2014, 09:17 AM
Do you think he's doing it because mindee is watching him and he is showing off infront of her? Can you not move her to another room whilst he eats? Maybe without his audience he'll just get on with it?

buzzy bee
09-04-2014, 12:45 PM
Do you think he's doing it because mindee is watching him and he is showing off infront of her? Can you not move her to another room whilst he eats? Maybe without his audience he'll just get on with it?

That's a good idea... I had been making her sit at the table whilst they eat because I thought if she's down playing or doing something else then my DS will want to get down quicker... but I could try that and see how it goes. I'm giving him fish fingers tonight so we'll see how that goes!!

danemi1
09-04-2014, 09:45 PM
Little monkeys x