PDA

View Full Version : My new picture drying rack!

Mouse
08-04-2014, 10:49 AM
I bought one of these from Sainsbury's a couple of weeks ago when they were reduced to £2.70.

Sainsbury's 3-tier Stackable Cooling Rack - Cooling racks - Bakeware - Baking - Kitchen - Home & garden - Sainsbury’s (http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop/home_and_garden/123455849_sainsburys-3-tier-stackable-cooling-rack.html)

It's great for putting pictures on to dry & folds flat when not needed. Each shelf easily holds an A4 sheet of paper, although this morning we have glitter covered easter egg shapes drying on it :thumbsup:

tess1981
08-04-2014, 10:54 AM
Great idea. I love sainburys for their reduced stuff can get up to 75% of their craft stuff

FussyElmo
08-04-2014, 11:34 AM
I bought one of these from Sainsbury's a couple of weeks ago when they were reduced to £2.70.

Sainsbury's 3-tier Stackable Cooling Rack - Cooling racks - Bakeware - Baking - Kitchen - Home & garden - Sainsbury’s (http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop/home_and_garden/123455849_sainsburys-3-tier-stackable-cooling-rack.html)

It's great for putting pictures on to dry & folds flat when not needed. Each shelf easily holds an A4 sheet of paper, although this morning we have glitter covered easter egg shapes drying on it :thumbsup:

I don't know whether or not to cry at the thought of you using a cake cooling rack for pictures OR be really impressed at your creativity and logical thinking :thumbsup:

Mouse
08-04-2014, 11:43 AM
I don't know whether or not to cry at the thought of you using a cake cooling rack for pictures OR be really impressed at your creativity and logical thinking :thumbsup:

I also have cake cooling racks for cooling cakes :D

FussyElmo
08-04-2014, 11:46 AM
I also have cake cooling racks for cooling cakes :D

That's ok then Im really impressed at you out of the box thinking :D

tulip0803
08-04-2014, 01:03 PM
I use my fire guard - it has to have some use as it certainly never has a fire there, CSSIW inspector said the children needed to be protected from the fireplace even if there was no fire.

Sometimes one of my cats sits behind it looking like they are in a zoo

loocyloo
08-04-2014, 01:58 PM
I use my aga!

its always on and warm, so pictures dry quickly! I also have stacking cake cooling trays and the pamperchef ones fit over my hotplates, so I can double or triple up on my drying capacity. I did try to persuade dh that I wanted a laundry shelf/rack thing that you can lower down, but as he rightly said ... I wouldn't dry clothes on it as they would get in the way but I would use it for art work! I have been known to hang a 'washing line' across the top to dry paintings on as well!

smurfette
08-04-2014, 03:58 PM
I use a sock hanger! Did have a lovely one I bought from elc or somewhere with animals on Til my creative daughter cut it up to make something else! I do like the ops one though!

lol at the cat behind the fireguard!

danemi1
09-04-2014, 09:51 PM
love your way of thinking

miffy
09-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Brilliant idea - wish I'd thought of it and also wish the racks were still £2.70!

Miffy xx

FloraDora
30-09-2015, 01:19 PM
I find I need to use all the flat surfaces as, like Maza I find paint runs if not flat or the collage pieces fall off if the glue hasn't stuck them yet. I pop them outside on the patio with stones to keep them down in nice weather.