PDA

View Full Version : Late phone call

Little Pickles
08-04-2014, 08:32 AM
My landline rang at 9.45 last night ... Always worries me
It's a lady wanting to discuss childminding

tess1981
08-04-2014, 09:00 AM
I much prefer phone calls put of cm hours the moment I answer the phone in my house the mindees decide to fight and scream.... Needless to say I cut the phone call short and a time out is normally needed for that behaviour....
Maybe a bit late though at that time of night

tulip0803
08-04-2014, 09:07 AM
I would have been in bed at that time last night! I don't mind phone calls in the evening but my acceptable time for phone calls ends at 9pm. I would have told her to ring back too but not necessarily just during working hours - again the children play up if I am distracted by the phone or door so I cut phone calls short during the day.

QualityCare
08-04-2014, 10:08 AM
It could be that she is a working mum has got home got child/ren in bed settled and quiet quick tidy up and then thought its quiet and phoned childminders you might have been her 3rd/4th call, l prefer later evening calls (certainly before 1000) as l am not in the middle of tidying up, cooking or washing up.

AliceK
08-04-2014, 10:11 AM
I wouldn't phone anyone after about 8.30pm and I wouldn't be too happy to receive a call at that time either. But then again if I didn't recognise the number I probably wouldn't have answered it anyway at that time.

xxx

loocyloo
08-04-2014, 12:39 PM
I wouldn't phone anyone after about 8.30pm and I wouldn't be too happy to receive a call at that time either. But then again if I didn't recognise the number I probably wouldn't have answered it anyway at that time.

xxx

I don't often answer the phone if I don't recognise the number. some people leave a message and other people go on to try phoning again and again ... which after a while really annoys me, and then I won't answer the phone to that number! ( I understand getting the answerphone, hanging up and ringing again, having mentally composed an ansaphone message! ) I once had a mum call innumerable times over a few days, never leaving a message, even though the ansaphone clicked in. I was then 'accosted' by this mum ( who I didn't know ) at toddlers who said she had tried ringing me, but I never answered the phone. I asked if she had left a message, as when I am busy with the children I don't answer the phone, and that we were often out and about. she then said 'but I also rang in the evening' .. yes, and I was either busy or out with my own children. ''but I was ringing you''. I replied yes, and that is what an ansaphone is for. I would have rung you back in a quiet moment if I knew who was phoning and what for!!

I always think if its urgent/very important, then the person ringing will leave a message.

I would never phone someone I didn't know after 9pm, and then, only phone people I know don't mind late calls!

k1rstie
08-04-2014, 03:48 PM
I was brought up not to ring after 8pm. I usually switch my mobile off between 9and 10.

FussyElmo
08-04-2014, 04:00 PM
945 to some people is not late. Its one persons perspective over another. Its late too me but my dh would consider a reasonable time :)

blue bear
08-04-2014, 08:59 PM
That's what the answer phone is for, I'm tucked up well before then.