PDA

View Full Version : hysterectomies

shortstuff
07-04-2014, 02:51 PM
Hi

Wondering if i can pick your brains please?

I got told on 28th march that i need a hysterectomy and it will be in approx 4 months time. So I am hoping this will be at the beginning of the summer hols.

What I would like to know is how long am I likely to need off from 3+ age LO's? I am hoping for the summer hols as the babies i have are TTO. I am aware that the official line is 4-6 weeks but I am not sure I will keep my sanity being so quiet for that long.

Have any of you had hysto's while CMing? How did you find it? I have a top gynea completing it via keyhole surgery.

Thanks Gail

alwaysright
07-04-2014, 03:49 PM
i havent had one but having some probs myself at the moment, so unsure of what will happen but it probably depends on whether they do keyhole surgery or not on you but its a major operation so would definatley follow doctors advice of 4-6 weeks

watford wizz
07-04-2014, 04:22 PM
I had one took recommended time off followed all medical instructions and back at work in 6 weeks although didn't have tummy cut this can take longer. Best thing ever did!!

ginag
07-04-2014, 04:23 PM
Hi Gail,
I had hysterectomy via keyhole and I found that 6 weeks was enough. I think it depends obviously on how poorly you feel before the op. I actually found I felt so much better after the op that everyday after I felt better and better. I was able to work after 6 weeks but was only working 3 days a week and no babies, so no constant lifting and carrying. I felt completely well and 10 years younger after 3 months! A lot of that was down to the wonder that it HRT!
Just don't rush yourself, completely rest for 4 weeks then ease yourself back to doing household chores slowly. Always say yes to offers of help.
I did find I also felt quite emotional afterwards and that was a surprise to me.
Good luck with everything. I hope like me you soon feel like a new woman!
Gina xx

shortstuff
07-04-2014, 04:27 PM
Thanks ladies. So general rule is dont have the los back till 6 weeks?

I am looking forward to it because ive had issues since 15 and im 3 weeks away from 40 so its been a long time coming.

watford wizz
07-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Took me a while to not buy pads after when shopping as had to buy lots before x gave my daughter nearly years supply!! LOL

shortstuff
07-04-2014, 05:24 PM
Took me a while to not buy pads after when shopping as had to buy lots before x gave my daughter nearly years supply!! LOL

Oh bless. Thats half my trouble though. I have dealt with endometriosis since the start. So I have been really light. The pain is awful though to the point where I feel like im going to pass out. This time has been very much out of the ordinary for me. Since the laparoscopy I have lasted a week really heavy. I want it over now :-(

blue bear
07-04-2014, 08:25 PM
A friend had a hysterectomy before Christmas,she needed seven weeks off work (has an office job so no children or lifting)

shortstuff
07-04-2014, 09:24 PM
A friend had a hysterectomy before Christmas,she needed seven weeks off work (has an office job so no children or lifting)

Ah ok. Thanks blue bear x