PDA

View Full Version : have you been refused?

samgeordie
24-07-2008, 08:52 AM
I start childminding in 2 weeks when 1st mindee starts (im currently working my notice at work). As I really need another mindee in the new few months to help pay the bills etc I thought Id start putting up a few cards around my town. However I went into the dr's surgery yesterday, asked nicely if I could put my card up and was very bluntly told "no we don't let you do that kind of thing here" and I was thrown a look as if to say I had a cheek asking:mad: .

I was really taken back as I didn't expect that reaction and im sure Ive seen childminder cards up there before.

Anyone else been refused putting a card up?

On the plus side and Ive just had an e-mail enquiry via netmums, have invited them round to discuss further so lets hope she replies and agrees;)

sarah707
24-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Lots of places won't take the cards ... including local doctors and even my local supermarket...

It's trial and error I'm afraid.

Good luck filling your space ... lots of good ideas for advertising if you have a browse round the forums! :D

miffy
24-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Don't let one setback put you off

Good luck with the enquiry

Miffy xx

Jules27
29-07-2008, 06:33 PM
yep, refused on doc's as they ' Don't do advertising'!!! personaly thought we are offering a service!!!! try local shops, community center boards, sign in your car....:laughing:

Jxx

JazzyL
29-07-2008, 06:41 PM
I agree with asking health visitors within the doctors surgery as a point of call. What about local library? Mum's n Tots groups, college, local hospital and best of all, word of mouth!!!! Get out there with your new mindee and people will soon see how fab you are :) and mindees parent(s) may begin telling their friends/family how fab you are. Good Luck:)

Ebs71
29-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Some one suggested to me on another thread to put sign in car window (which im doing tonight whan it gets dark) :o i feel everyone watches what your doing in this cul -de- sac lol.

Also whilst having a general chat with my HV i mentioned i was going to become a CM and she siad to let her know when i was reg as she didnt know of any local CM's and have mums asking about future childcare and groups etc so that might be worth a try. They might not necessary let you put a card up but will pass on potential clients. Im off to get my little one weighed (excuse) after my hols and hope to have a word with her....... just hope its not her week off

Hope somewhere lets you advertise soon hun :)

charleyfarley
29-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Yep even the local school refused me but then I suppose I am competition for their breakfast/after school and holiday club .

Good luck with your enquiry

Carol xx

LittleAcorns
29-07-2008, 08:12 PM
I wrote a nice letter to the health visitors and midwives that use the surgery. I enclosed some of my business cards.

They got back to me and said they would pass on my information to anyone who asked. Not as good as having a card up but its worth a try.:D

ohhh what a fab idea x