PDA

View Full Version : Steam cleaning

greanan
05-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Thinking about getting a steam cleaner but trying to decide if it will really get used. What does everyone use theirs for??

fionamal
05-04-2014, 02:25 PM
I bought the green H2O mop and it got used all the time to start with but now im lucky if its used once a week, I prefer the good old hand and knees and wash the floor, cleans it better.

I also found it to discolour my laminate so it was only being used in the kitchen and toilets .

Rachel6
05-04-2014, 02:26 PM
I've got a cheap handheld one for toys,sink,toilet,tiles & most small/high up areas, then I have a vax steam floor mop which I use everyday to do my kitchen floor,hall & playroom, it really doesn't take long as it dries almost straight away. Had both for about 5yrs x

greanan
05-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Thank you - I'll have a look at both. Have yous used them to clean prams/travel cots?

Rachel6
05-04-2014, 03:18 PM
No but I will try now!!! Always use pram liners however when deep cleaning I think I will give it a go :-)

greanan
05-04-2014, 05:33 PM
No but I will try now!!! Always use pram liners however when deep cleaning I think I will give it a go :-)

I also use pram liners but always seem to get wee bits under them so thought it might be ideal to use on them

alwaysright
05-04-2014, 09:21 PM
apparantly they have steam cleaners going on sale tomorrow in aldi

PeekABoos
05-04-2014, 10:47 PM
The best thing ever invented. I use mine for nearly everything xx

greanan
06-04-2014, 12:42 AM
apparantly they have steam cleaners going on sale tomorrow in aldi

Wonder if they have a website?!!

Kiddleywinks
06-04-2014, 09:40 AM
I have black and decker ones, one for day to day cleaning, which has different settings for the different floors - brilliant and so easy to use. The other one has the removable hand held with all the gadgets and gizmos for steaming everything on a deep clean and I love that, especially for in the kitchen and the bathroom - for all those hard to reach places (the eurgh ones)

Highly recommend

greanan
06-04-2014, 10:25 PM
I have black and decker ones, one for day to day cleaning, which has different settings for the different floors - brilliant and so easy to use. The other one has the removable hand held with all the gadgets and gizmos for steaming everything on a deep clean and I love that, especially for in the kitchen and the bathroom - for all those hard to reach places (the eurgh ones) Highly recommend

Thank you - I'll have a look at them x

danemi1
10-04-2014, 07:20 AM
I've got a Vax one and love it!!! Even use it on carpet if there's a spillage

Bluebell
10-04-2014, 07:26 AM
don't use mine much - tend to just fill a bucket and have mop round with traditional mop - its much quicker. The steam mop I have to get the extension out for, wait for it to heat up, the cloth always falls off, then it runs out of water and it sno more effieicient than the old fashioned kind. It also makes the place have a funny 'damp'/stale water smell that I don't notice with water from a bucket that is fragranced with floor detergent.

Is useful for cleaning toys or stubborn tiles in bathroom but I tend to forget I have it and go for the old fashioned elbow grease or bung the toys in dishwasher approach!

mrs robbie williams
10-04-2014, 11:54 AM
I had a vax streamer but cudnt get on with it lead too short silly triangle shaped mop, now got a vileda spray one and love it :) x