PDA

View Full Version : Anyone just do wraparound?

MrsP2C
04-04-2014, 01:35 PM
O many childminders just do wraparound & if so, how does it work wrt Ofsted inspections if you don't have any EYFS on your books? I lose a 2 year old in August & my other two young ones start school in September (not one I drop-off at sadly) but my husband's income has improved enough that I think I could bring in enough money just having 6 schoolies (or more if over 8). I'm nervous because it seems a whole different ball-game going from looking after little ones all day to having a houseful of older children. School places are allocated in a few weeks so I'm expecting enquires soon & need to decide whether to take on any more little ones or just go for school age.
Anyone do just wraparound who can impart any pearls of wisdom or words of warning?

danemi1
10-04-2014, 08:18 AM
What have u decided to do?

MrsP2C
13-04-2014, 09:39 PM
Still undecided! I've heard a rumour that our school is looking to start a breakfast/after-school club in which case I'll have no choice but to continue with little ones (don't mean it to sound so bad - my current mindees are lovely btw) but that could be another year away yet. I think for now I will see what enquiries come along & try to perhaps reduce eyfs down to 2 or 3 days with wraparound on the rest of the week so I'm not too exposed if the school club does happen.

funemnx
14-04-2014, 07:38 AM
By co incidence, I won't have any EYFS children during the day in a years time due to children starting school - I'm full (plus 3 over 8's) so unless someone leaves I won't have spaces for EYFS. I'm going to try it out and see how it goes. I really love the idea of no LJ's plus 6 hours off during the day. Financially not too bad as most come full days in the holidays and my own children are adults so we don't have time off in school holidays. Older children are harder in some ways than the little ones though... swings and roundabouts maybe ;)