PDA

View Full Version : Help with school starting please

AliceK
04-04-2014, 08:44 AM
My brain is just not working lol.
I'm trying to work out if I can fit someone in for Sept 2015 and trying to work out when my current EY's children will start school.

Child A - Will be 4yr in July 2015 - Will this child start school Sept 2015??
Child B - Will be 4 in Sept 2015 - Will this child not start school until Sept 2016??

Please help, my brain is mush this morning :blush:

xxx

FussyElmo
04-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Child A will start in 2015
Child B will start in 2016.

My understanding is you have to be 4 by 31st August to make the intake - that's how it works here

JCrakers
04-04-2014, 10:32 AM
Yes child A will start Sept 15, being one of the youngest in the class
Child B will start Sept 16, being one of the oldest.

Isn't it bad how there's a whole year of schooling between them and only 2 months between them in age. :panic:

When you think about it, children are put into school with nearly a full year between their ages. A child with a birthday on 1st September is in the same class as a child born nearly 12months later in Aug 31st. Someone turning 5 in the Aug as some of their classmates are turning 6.
A year is a long time...quite shocking when you think about it.

AliceK
04-04-2014, 11:15 AM
Yes child A will start Sept 15, being one of the youngest in the class
Child B will start Sept 16, being one of the oldest.

Isn't it bad how there's a whole year of schooling between them and only 2 months between them in age. :panic:

When you think about it, children are put into school with nearly a full year between their ages. A child with a birthday on 1st September is in the same class as a child born nearly 12months later in Aug 31st. Someone turning 5 in the Aug as some of their classmates are turning 6.
A year is a long time...quite shocking when you think about it.

Yes, it's terrible.
I have an adhoc child here today he is exactly 12mths and 10 days older than my DD yet he is in year 3 at school and DD is in year 1. Madness isn't it!!!

xxx

AliceK
04-04-2014, 11:16 AM
Thank you for your replies :thumbsup:

xxx