PDA

View Full Version : Updated Childcare.co.uk iPhone app - Free Download

Richard
03-04-2014, 12:41 PM
We have launched a brand new version of the Childcare.co.uk iPhone app. You can download it for free from the App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/childcare-uk/id486849572?mt=8

We have tens of thousands of childminders using the app so I would appreciate your feedback on the new version.

littletreasures
03-04-2014, 03:56 PM
Have you updated the Android version too?

auntym
03-04-2014, 06:16 PM
I use it and its completely messed up today - cant renew and its logging me on as another minder??

natlou82
03-04-2014, 06:31 PM
Auntyem, same thing happened to me yesterday, I turned my phone off and back on and logged in again and it's fine now :). Seems slightly slower loading but easy to navigate. And got someone signing up from there today, so I'm a very happy bunny x

Richard
03-04-2014, 07:24 PM
I use it and its completely messed up today - cant renew and its logging me on as another minder??

It isn't logging you in as anyone else. When you load up the app for the first time it takes you through a demo of how the new screens look and on those screen shots it shows a pretend user.

Richard
03-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Have you updated the Android version too?

The Android version was updated last month. You can download it here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.childcare.androidclient

littletreasures
03-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Ok, thanks Richard

auntym
04-04-2014, 10:20 AM
Iv had the app for over a year - will it do that again while updating because iv tried to find my profile but it keeps freezing

lizduncan72
04-04-2014, 11:41 AM
I've downloaded the new one and can't open it now!

jackie 7
04-04-2014, 12:26 PM
I can't get it to open. Just shuts down.

lizduncan72
04-04-2014, 12:34 PM
I can't get it to open. Just shuts down.

Mine's the same :(

Richard
04-04-2014, 05:36 PM
There is an issue causing the app to crash on devices using some early versions of iOS6. We have submitted a fix to Apple and are waiting for them to approve it. I apologise for the issue and it will be resolved soon.

SJ35
04-04-2014, 05:44 PM
Mines working fine :) the only thing I miss is on the messages it no longer shows which have been read and which haven't? Unless I've just not found where it says it yet?
Other than that I love it!

Richard
05-04-2014, 07:36 AM
Mines working fine :) the only thing I miss is on the messages it no longer shows which have been read and which haven't? Unless I've just not found where it says it yet?
Other than that I love it!

We have submitted an update to Apple which will have this feature back in it. Sorry about that. The next update you get in the App Store in the next few days will have it. In your sent messages, messages that haven't been read will have a little black tick next to them.

If you do like the app I would really appreciate you leaving a nice review in the App Store :)

natlou82
05-04-2014, 08:26 AM
Quick question, I haven't figured out how to delete messages I've sent, can you advise?

lorimac
05-04-2014, 10:43 AM
I hate the fact that I have to log in every time ! I like to browse new profiles and then decide if I want them to see that I've looked at their profile or to contact them.
So for this reason I only use the laptop.

Richard
05-04-2014, 04:12 PM
Quick question, I haven't figured out how to delete messages I've sent, can you advise?

To delete a message from your inbox swipe right to left on the message when viewing your inbox and then click the trashcan icon that appears.

Richard
05-04-2014, 04:13 PM
I hate the fact that I have to log in every time ! I like to browse new profiles and then decide if I want them to see that I've looked at their profile or to contact them.
So for this reason I only use the laptop.

Due to Apple's security terms and conditions you need to be logged into the app to search and view profiles.

natlou82
06-04-2014, 09:20 AM
Hi Richard, it's actually my sent items that I want to delete, the swipe method doesn't seem to work on those (unless it's just me being dumb lol).

jax clinch
07-04-2014, 07:18 AM
I've just registered my details but it won't save then it says validation failed. Any suggestions why? Thanks x

Richard
07-04-2014, 08:07 AM
Hi Richard, it's actually my sent items that I want to delete, the swipe method doesn't seem to work on those (unless it's just me being dumb lol).

You can't delete messages from your Sent items just like you can't on our website. We store a permanent copy of all sent messages during the time your account is active.

Richard
07-04-2014, 08:09 AM
I've just registered my details but it won't save then it says validation failed. Any suggestions why? Thanks x

Are you saying that you have just created a new account via the app or are you updating your profile? Which version of the app are you using? We released 2.0.1 yesterday. At what exact point do you see that message?

jax clinch
07-04-2014, 08:53 AM
Are you saying that you have just created a new account via the app or are you updating your profile? Which version of the app are you using? We released 2.0.1 yesterday. At what exact point do you see that message?
I had just downloaded the new app suggested on this thread and updated my details. When I went to save the details it said validation failed. I previously registered my details via the computer in 2013 and logged on ok on the app. It wouldn't save my details. Thanks

karen2010
07-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Just downloaded it!
Stupid question I know Rick but how do I turn my profile pic around?
Its sideways on at the moment and try as I might I cant turn it !!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks x Karen x

natlou82
07-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Thanks Richard :-)

Richard
07-04-2014, 10:48 PM
I had just downloaded the new app suggested on this thread and updated my details. When I went to save the details it said validation failed. I previously registered my details via the computer in 2013 and logged on ok on the app. It wouldn't save my details. Thanks

Hi Jax. Sorry to hear that. Which exact details did you try to change before you saw that error message?

Richard
07-04-2014, 10:50 PM
Just downloaded it! Stupid question I know Rick but how do I turn my profile pic around? Its sideways on at the moment and try as I might I cant turn it !!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks x Karen x

You would need to use some imaging software such as Microsoft Paint to change the rotation of your photo. Alternatively if you get in touch at www.childcare.ci.uk/contact then we can do it for you.

karen2010
08-04-2014, 06:41 AM
Thanks hon x

jax clinch
08-04-2014, 07:16 AM
Hi Jax. Sorry to hear that. Which exact details did you try to change before you saw that error message?
I was updating my details such as experience , qualifications, vacancies etc. it wouldn't save them. Do I need to do that on a computer?

Richard
08-04-2014, 07:32 AM
I was updating my details such as experience , qualifications, vacancies etc. it wouldn't save them. Do I need to do that on a computer?

It looks like there might be an issue when trying to update these on our iPhone app at the moment which we are looking into. In the meantime you can update the details via our website. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

kats
08-04-2014, 07:58 AM
Richard, on the old app i could see when my message had been read by a parent by the dot disappearing, how do i know on the new app if messages have been read? ( hope you know what what i mean) thanks :)

Richard
08-04-2014, 12:44 PM
Richard, on the old app i could see when my message had been read by a parent by the dot disappearing, how do i know on the new app if messages have been read? ( hope you know what what i mean) thanks :)

Hi kats - If you go to your Sent messages folder in the app, there is a black tick against messages that haven't been read.

kats
08-04-2014, 08:08 PM
Ok thanks Richard :)

jax clinch
09-04-2014, 12:00 PM
It looks like there might be an issue when trying to update these on our iPhone app at the moment which we are looking into. In the meantime you can update the details via our website. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.
Ok thanks x

Richard
09-04-2014, 08:53 PM
All the issues with the app should be fixed now. If anyone is still experiencing any issues please let me know. If you do like the app then I would appreciate your reviews in the App Store. As a thank you to anyone taking the time to review the app I will give you 1 months gold membership :)

natlou82
10-04-2014, 08:10 AM
Hi Richard, have put a review on App Store :-)